Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 960

rapid_minus:

Hence a specific question from a beginner - What changes need to be introduced into the code for the EA to work not only in the tester, but also in real life?

Haven't you heard of tester grails?

rapid_minus:

A "joke of humour" is always a plus!

The code is too big to post here in its entirety. But it was written using Sleptsov's Expert Advisor as a template. I have only inserted my own indicators and conditions for trading criteria. I think the reason is in some kind of preliminary code settings, but they are absolutely identical to the original.

Then the question can only be addressed to Sleptsov

borilunad:
Have not you heard about the tester grails?

And what does that mean? What - robots don't work in the live market? Then why all the fuss?! I can just play online poker too.

There must be some nuance that moves the Expert Advisor from tester mode to real trading after all. But for some reason local wise guys pretend not to understand what they are talking about. It is clear that the EA will show different results in real trading. But it must open and close positions according to the conditions. Isn't it so?

It must be the platform not working correctly, because the same thing happens with positions opened manually.

But then this is a nightmare! How can I trust my money to a broker who's MT4 closes positions spontaneously, even on a demo account!

rapid_minus:

It must be the platform not working correctly, because the same thing happens with positions opened manually.

But then this is a nightmare! How can I trust my money to a broker who's MT4 closes positions spontaneously, even on a demo account!

Of course, you'd better not! First of all, study the subject thoroughly so you can understand the codes yourself! Then you won't have to shine the code or puzzles, and you'll save money!

rapid_minus:

Have you checked what other EAs are present on other charts?

AlexeyVik:
Have you checked which other EAs are present on the other charts?
On three of the symbols there is an EA "according to Sleptsov" and on the fourth there is another EA. Do they interfere with each other? I haven't seen anywhere mentioning that only one EA should be set on MT4 and only on one symbol.

Hi all !

I have found out that iLowest and iHighest functions generates error 4051"Invalid value of function parameter" on M15 if shift exceeds number 1096. At the same time bars are enough. In the terminal settings max bars in the window and in the history are set to 10000000. I have pumped up history for several years. I do not understand what is wrong.

For example, I would like to use this design:

for (int i=0;i<2000;i++){
     Print(iLowest(Symbol(),0,MODE_LOW,100,i));
     Print(__FUNCTION__," ",GetLastError());    
     Print("i=",i);
     }

goodearth:

Hi all !

I have found out that iLowest and iHighest functions generates error 4051"Invalid value of function parameter" on M15 if shift exceeds number 1096. At the same time bars are enough. In the terminal settings max bars in the window and in the history are set to 10000000. I have pumped up history for several years. I do not understand what is wrong.

For example, I would like to use this design:

Did you check it in the tester? There are only 1000 bars available at startup

Vinin:
Did you check it in the tester? There's only 1000 bars available at startup.

Damn right! I keep forgetting that. Thanks for reminding me.

Is there no way around that limit?