Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 820

Happy New Year Dear Professionals!

Please explain to a newcomer. Explain why one and the same Expert Advisor works on one platform (Alpari) and not on

on another platform (Alpari) does not? The log reports the OrderSend error 131? (Robo-Forex for example).

Pechnyk:

Happy New Year Dear Professionals!

Please explain to a newcomer. Explain why one and the same Expert Advisor works on one platform (Alpari) and not on

on another platform (Alpari) does not? The log reports the OrderSend error 131? (Robo-Forex for example).

Robo is Spanish for "steal"! A coincidence?! And seriously, OnderSend is giving errors because DC turned the spread from "floating" to "pulsating", exceeding a reasonable amplitude! This misuse of this feature shows that they are not interested in the trader's success, because they do not take our trades to the real market.

Hello. I am writing to MQL masters. I am just starting to learn MQL, so I am writing to you. There is a Bollinger Bands Expert Advisor ready to use, which is described in details in issue 72 of the magazine (fortrader.ru). The Expert Advisor enters into position when the upper or lower limit of the Bollinger channel is broken. When theupper limit of the channel is broken through, the closing price of the bar (which was broken through) is taken and a sell trade is opened. You should make a Sell deal open only at breakout of the upper border of the channel. The price of opening a sell trade should be the price of closing of the bar (which has broken through the upper border of the channel from above and closed below the upper border of the channel). Similarly with buying. The deal closing conditions should not be touched. Thank you all in advance.

borilunad:
Robo is Spanish for "steal"! Coincidence?! And seriously, OnderSend gives mistakes because the DC has turned from a "floating" spread into a "pulsating" one that exceeds a reasonable amplitude! This misuse of this feature shows that they are not interested in the trader's success, because they do not take our trades to the real market.
So what the fuck... ... need such a brokerage company? Have I got it right?

Pechnyk:
So what the .... Do we need a DC like that? Did I get it right?
No. The correct way is to watch the lot allowed in this particular brokerage company, and its calculation (131 - wrong lot, it means something was not taken into account).

Good day! Help with writing a robot in mql4 and mql5. I have the necessary experience in trading in manual mode, but would like to automate trading. Requirements specification is ready. For those interested, please write in person.

Shakhtar:
Good day! Help me with writing a trading robot in mql4 and mql5. I have some experience in trading in manual mode, but I would like to automatize it. Requirements specification ready. Interested parties please write in person.
They will help you there

Good afternoon to all!

Can you advise a newbie, why is the start function not working? I am trading on Insta on a demo account, I wrote a simple Alert, and if I put it in OnInit, it works when I start the EA, but the same line in start() does not work. What else could it be? I checked all the boxes that allow trading... in settings and for the EA itself... I don't know what to do anymore.... Please help...

starikov_d_v:

Good afternoon to all!

Can you advise a newbie, why is the start function not working? I am trading on Insta on a demo account, I wrote a simple Alert, and if I put it in OnInit, it works when I start the EA, but the same line in start() does not work. What else could it be? I checked all the boxes that allow trading... in settings and for the EA itself... I don't know what to do anymore.... Help please...

Try not to mix the new and old versions of the language.

You can use OnInit() from the new version, start() from the old version.

In the new version you must use OnTick()

FAQ:
The previous series has been archived.
Could someone please advise if in MQL4 one can see how the code is executed line by line or sequentially? I know that such feature is available in Delphi and it is very handy, but I can't find it here :(