Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 718

ikatsko:
Thanks for your reply. What about the situation when I see a black screen on the server (I have logged in using correct login and password) and there is an invitation to give a command line (i.e. I have # sign) how should I proceed? I understand thatI will give the commandsudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa. And then what to do? How do I upload the distribution to the server? How do I create a folder there? How to navigate the directories and how to launch the .exe files? In general, can all very, very detailed? Thank you

It's a console, you have to torture the server support for GUI, otherwise the wine is somehow really out of the picture.

And yes, 128 frames somehow sucks to put it mildly, this server is not for MT4, even though it's free, but it's useless...
Except for some website you can deploy there.

evillive:
This is a console, you have to torture the server support for GUI, otherwise the wine is somehow really out of the picture. And yes, 128 frames somehow, to put it mildly, sucks, this server is not for MT4, though it's useless, but it's useless too...
"we should torture server support about GUI" - I don't understand the terminology (sorry). So? Your conclusion that I can't put a terminal here? This is haphost.com I actually assumed that the terminal doesn't eat a lot of RAM. And I take it thathaphost.com won't give tech support to free hosting users (in terms of GUI). One last thing: can you personally take care of this server and set it up for me?

Have you tried asking on their forum? I'm not much of an expert on linux, at the user level just from graphics, I don't know much about console commands, alas.

evillive:
Have you tried asking on their forum? I'm not much of an expert on linux, at user level I'm just a graphics user, I don't know much about console commands, alas.
The forum is English-speaking, damn it...

Again, memory is low, graphics and Wine will eat everything. You may also run out of memory and there will be nothing left for the terminal.

Minimum system requirements

The minimum system requirements are the minimum computer specifications at which the system can be booted.

Distributive CPU RAM Disk Video CD/DVD/USB
Ubuntu1GHz1Gb5GbOpen-gl, 256Mb
1024*768 resolution graphic card and monitor
+- graphics
Ubuntu Gnome1GHz1Gb5GbOpen-gl, 256Mb
graphics card and monitor with resolution 1024*768
+- graphics
Kubuntu1GHz512Mb5Gbgraphics card and 800*600 resolution monitor+- graphics
Xubuntu700MHz256Mb5Gbgraphics card and 800*600 resolution monitor+- console, graphics will be a bit slow
Lubuntu700MHz128Mb5Gbgraphics card and 800*600 resolution monitor+- - "-
mini.iso +
Openbox
IceWM
Fluxbox
JWM
700MHz64-128Mb3GbGraphics card and monitor with 800*600 resolution+- - "-
Ubuntu Server300MHz64-128Mb1GbGraphics card and 640*480 monitor+- only console

ikatsko:
This forum is in English, damn it...
You can't use wine there, in short:
"#Note Wine Is Not Allowed To Use In Haphost VPS"

VladislavVG:

1.if the value of iCCI(34) is greater than zero and the value of iCCI(170) is also greater than zero,this is your condition.2. according to you it comes out that one zero is different from the other, right?

1. No

2. No

Yes, because you are right.

I combined levels asevillive wrote above and now i understand that you're both right and in fact the zero levels should coincide

I already had your algorithm, but not the ticks counter, but to check for a CCI 34 crossing within 5 bars before a CCI 170 crossing when it happens, i think the result should be the same as with the counter

I will keep trying, thank you!

In old versions of indicators I used a loop
int counted_bars=IndicatorCounted(),
   i,limit1;
   limit1=Bars-counted_bars-1;

and then on through the loop.

for(i=limit1;i>=0;i--)

How to do this in the new code, in particular in the"OnCalculate" function

Am I right in assuming that "rates_total" is "Bars" and "prev_calculated" is number of uncalculated bars?

Is it necessary to perform indexing?

Forexman77:
In old versions of indicators I used a loop

and then on through the loop.

How to do this in the new code, in particular in the "OnCalculate" function

Is it correct to say that "rates_total" is "Bars" and "prev_calculated" is number of uncalculated bars?

Do I need to perform indexing?

is it possible to do so:

int OnCalculate(const...)
{
  int limit;
  if(prev_calculated<=0) limit=rates_total-1; //если в настройках есть какие-то значения, выносящие индексы за предел массива, limit=rates_total-период;
  else limit=0;

for (int i=limit; i>=0;i--)
  { 
    код
  }
return(rates_total);
}

evillive:

you can go like this:

or like this.

int limit = (prev_calculated <= 0) ? Bars - 1 : 0;
Bars still works.