Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 459

pro_:

What do you mean there are no experts? If they are written and compiled there should be at least two files on your computer. find them in the right folder and copy them. Your problem is either quite simple or completely incomprehensible. Most likely you are just looking in the wrong folder. If you have an updated version (beta or 600), look in addition to /experts also in the folder MQL4/experts.

You may also press "open data folder" in ME and look there. Alternatively, if nothing helps, you may want to search for mq4/ex4 files

MakerAz:

The code I've written detects when the price goes up and outputs the corresponding message, but doesn't output any message when the price goes down.

Note that the variables OldPrice and NewPrice are set globally.

I found the reason... I used int instead of double for global variables OldPrice & NewPrice.

Trader7777:

Once again, can someone modify it so that the penultimate order is selected instead of the last one?

See in person.

please advise why the terminal does not see custom EAs

pro_:

What do you mean there are no experts? If they are written and compiled there should be at least two files on your computer. find them in the right folder and copy them. Your problem is either quite simple or completely incomprehensible. Most likely you are just looking in the wrong folder. If you have an updated version (beta or 600), apart from /experts look in the folder MQL4/experts.

Experts were in the list of all EAs in MetaEditor, but they were not present when I opened the folder you mentioned.

MetaTrader just updated itself, destroying those very experts and with them my month's work!

THANKS METAQUOTES!!!

skyjet:

The EAs were in the list of all EAs in MetaEditor, but when I opened the folder you mentioned, they were gone.

MetaTrader has just updated itself, destroying those very experts, and with them my month's work!

THANK YOU METAQUOTES!!!

Metaquots repeatedly assured me that nothing is missing and will not be lost. I prefer to believe them, but nevertheless do not forget to make a backup. I advise you to search for the file you need, at least by using "Search", I hope you will find your developments.

pro_:

Metaquots have repeatedly assured me that nothing is or will be lost. I prefer to believe them, but nevertheless do not forget to make a backup. I advise you to search for the file you need, at least by using "Search", I hope you will find your developments.

Unfortunately, in the search there are only links to shortcuts, finding which offer to do manually :( I want to kill.

skyjet:

Unfortunately, the search has only links to shortcuts, which are suggested to find by hand :( I want to kill them.

Maybe we're talking about different things. "Search" which is in Windows. Enter *.mq4, or *.ex4.
Andyou look foryour Expert Advisor in the list of found items.When you find it, you will find the folder where it is stored.

skyjet:

Unfortunately in search there are only references to shortcuts, finding which they suggest to do manually :( I want to kill.

the old /experts folder is not affected at all... If they were not moved to the new MQL4/experts folder, they should be moved and recompiled manually...

if it's a 7, you probably don't have access rights.... go to admin...

skyjet:

Unfortunately, the search only has links to shortcuts, which are suggested to be found manually :( I want to kill.
The second button on the left opens your EAs, take any! Now they will be there in a separate folder! Updated myself tonight!