Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 6. - page 54

Good day, I have a problem: I tried to build a standard deviation channel - it does not coincide with the one I have in MT4. The central line of the regression coincides completely, but the channel line does not. I find the difference between the close price and value of the regression line on each bar and then find the square of this difference, summing up for N bars, I find the deviation using Dev=MathSqrt(sum/N). Now I intentionally opened a demo account in Trading Station in order to check it. The channel of standard deviation there is exactly the same as mine. The upper screen: a channel in the Trading Station platform (don't consider it as an advertisement, I do not like the platform as such). Bottom screenshot: MT4-blue lines-my channel, beige area-standard MT4 channel, the deviation is the same everywhere=1.0.

I need exactly the same channel as in MT4. If anyone knows which formula it is made by, please share. Thank you in advance.

Does Metatrader work well on Windows 8?

Vinin:

On the chart, then sorry, I guess I didn't read it carefully. Although it is possible to use a second indicator that uses the calculations from the first

I understand, through iCustom. But is it possible to make the window indicator automatically start the chart one and change parameters in one of them (period, calculation method, etc.)?

Guys, couldn't find another place to ask, does mt4 work ok on newer laptops with win8?

Hello. Please advise, I can't correctly count the number of open orders, the lots counts correctly, but the orders - at first it all counts (both buy and sell), and after 3 orders in general counts with some progression

Double LotBuy,LotSell;
int OrdBuy, OrdSell;

// ------------ Count orders and lots by Buy and Sell magic -------------------------
for(LotBuy=0,OrdBuy=0,LotSell=0,OrdSell=0,i=OrdersTotal()-1;i>=0;i--)
{
OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS);
if(OrderSymbol()!=Symbol() && (OrderMagicNumber () != MagicBuy || OrderMagicNumber () != MagicSell )) continue;
if(OrderType()==OP_BUY)
{
LotBuy+=OrderLots(); //here it counts correctly
OrdBuy+=OrdersTotal(); //here it doesn't
}
else
if(OrderType()==OP_SELL)
{
LotSell+=OrderLots();
OrdSell+=OrdersTotal();
}
}

My files do not want to compile says source code is prohibited, what does this mean and how do I fix it?

source code is prohibited

mikanit:

Hello. Please advise, I can't correctly count the number of open orders, lots counts correctly, but the orders - at first it all counts (both buy and sell), and after 3 orders in general counts with some progression

double LotBuy,LotSell;
int OrdBuy, OrdSell;

// ------------ Count orders and lots for BY and SEL magician -------------------------
{
OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS);
if(OrderSymbol()!=Symbol() && (OrderMagicNumber () != MagicBuy || OrderMagicNumber () != MagicSell )) continue;
if(OrderType()==OP_BUY)
{
LotBuy+=OrderLots(); //they are counting correctly here
OrdBuy+=OrdersTotal(); //here doesn't
}
else
if(OrderType()==OP_SELL)
{
LotSell+=OrderLots();
OrdSell+=OrdersTotal();
}
}

//что за чехорда

for (int i = OrdersTotal() - 1; i >= 0; i--)
//как-то так

//и еще
OrdBuy+=OrdersTotal(); //здесь нет.... ты прибовляеш общее количество открытх и отложенных ордеров 
//попроще
OrdBuy++;
//также и с OP_SELL

mikhail12:
Guys, couldn't find another place to ask, does mt4 work ok on new laptops with win8?

Netbook, 1gig, win8.

2 terminals +Opera, works, no complaints.

Thank you, the orders count correctly :)