Can you tell me how to determine the direction of the trend? - page 2

paukas:

A trend is a channel. It can be upper (rising), lower and sideways (horizontal).

This definition is easy to formalise and should not make it difficult to determine the direction of the trend.

But does the price always move in the channel? Something does not catch my eye...

The trend is always clearly visible on H4 frames and above. Learn to see it and there will be no problem "explaining" it to the EA.

AlexeyFX:

Such a definition is easy to formalise and should not make it difficult to determine the direction of the trend.

But does price always move in a channel? Something does not catch my eye...

I don't know, it's moving for me.

DhP:
The trend is always clearly visible on H4 frames and above. Learn to see it and there will be no problem "explaining" it to an EA.

Not at all. The trend is visible on any TF... Another thing is that sometimes it is easier to see it on the higher TF, but it is often visible.

ktest0:

It's nothing like that. The trend is visible on any TF... Another thing is that sometimes it is easier to see it on a higher TF, but it is often visible as it is.
This is where philosophy comes in. )))

paukas:

I do not know, mine is moving.

Can you draw this with channels?

I can ask the question another way. Do you use your own definition of a trend? If not, why not? If yes, how much profit do you make per month or per year on the highest-yielding market in the world?

AlexeyFX:

catch...

paukas:

I don't know, it's moving for me.
The main thing here is to live a healthy lifestyle and exercise. Good luck!

AlexeyFX:

I can ask the question another way. Do you use your own definition of a trend? If not, why not? If yes, how much profit do you make per month or per year on the highest-yielding market in the world?

ktest0:

catch...

Is it a channel? My understanding of a channel is that it consists of 2 parallel lines.

Ishim, it has been stated here that price moves in a channel ALWAYS, i.e. the entire chart can be drawn in channels.