Can you tell me how to determine the direction of the trend? - page 9

The concepts of Absolute and Truth are not identical. Therefore they should not be juggled. As for truth...In vino veritas;)))

That Google definition of trend is not enough for forex. It is a general definition of the meaning of the word. A trend is the direction of the next order wave of oscillation or a higher wave.

david2:
That Google definition of trend is not enough for forex. It is a general definition of the meaning of the word. A trend is the direction of the next order wave or a higher wave.

Of course, for direct application, this definition is not sufficient. But it sets the direction of thought.

Speaking of the trend and its perceived direction over the coming weeks:

Euro 6EM3 and Dollar Index DXM3 through the end of May/early June. D-charts of the average multi-year seasonal(3-5-10 year) trends of the current June futures contracts(the blue price line on the charts shows last year's 2012 performance of the instruments):

Note that in spite of the prominent UP-orientation of the DXM3 Dollar Index in May, there is a slight Down-correction in the seasonal charts from about May 18-21! A similar "reverse" correction is also occurring on the seasonal charts of Euro futures 6EM3 above. Apparently, we need to take this into account in our current trading:

Good luck to all!

Why do they draw the trend as a straight line? There is a concept called "detrending", so it's not just curves, but curls in general .....

avtomat:
The concepts of Absolute and Truth are not identical. Therefore they should not be juggled. As for truth...In vino veritas;)))
I would be very surprised if you defined and prioritised the concepts correctly (you should before trading - but after the next plums - questions will come up again), but yes - good luck with monitoring!

Ishim:
I'd be very surprised if you defined and prioritised the concepts correctly (you have to before you trade - but after the next plums - there will be questions again), but yeah - good luck with the monitoring!

Pinched it...

;)))))))))))

avtomat:

Pinched it...

;)))))))))))

by no means )))) (from observation - the pivot point is not determined, but formed)

Let me remind you, without going into detail, that any movement can be represented as a composition of two components: 1) longitudinal, 2) transverse.

So, the trend can be defined as a vector of longitudinal motion.

Let me also remind you that a vector is completely determined by its length and direction. Geometrically it is represented as a directed rectilinear segment.

Market movements consist of a huge (almost infinite) set of waves of different periods. Depending on the chosen interval of consideration, different prevailing directions of movement can be identified - i.e., the current trend of the interval in question can be determined.

Such a choice can be made in different ways.

For example, you may do the following:

Daily

H4

ps.

Here, by the way, you can see the process of channel formation, the setting of potential channel boundaries, even before... ;)

Well, we define the trend this way...

It's really simple. You look at the indicator and trade.