Can you tell me how to determine the direction of the trend? - page 6

DhP:

I too have held this view for quite some time.

But history does teach! And was forced to change my views. History is repeating itself today. And this cannot be ignored.

And yet, what happened to you can hardly be explained by the correctness of all this nonsense with channels and levels. Rather it is simply a return to supposedly known truths after an unsuccessful attempt to find an alternative.

I haven't found all the answers yet either. But I consider the wretchedness of all commonly known methods of analysis to be proven, although I don't want to prove it here. There are so many of these methods that it will take me years to prove it.

AlexeyFX:

Still, what happened to you is hardly explained by the correctness of all this nonsense about channels and levels. Rather, it is simply a return to supposedly known truths after an unsuccessful attempt to find an alternative.

I haven't found all the answers yet either. But I consider the wretchedness of all commonly known methods of analysis to be proven, although I don't want to prove it here. There are so many of these methods that it would take me years to prove it.

No, it is somewhat simpler than that.

There are a number of "amazing" indicators created "a century" ago.))

To these I would include: CCI, Momentum, WPR or its repetition in Stochastic with parameters 14-1-1, Chaikin indicators... and many more.

Don't smile. These indicators really reflect the market conditions. You just have to learn how to use them.

The trend line and channels will always be and always will be unshakeable. MA200 and MA50 (a derivative of MA200 for the frame one step lower), Pivot Point are just a few, but a must for every trader.

Don't smile, take it seriously.

DhP:

No, it's somewhat simpler than that.

There are a number of "amazing" indicators created "a century" ago.)

To these I would include: CCI, Momentum, WPR or its repetition in Stochastic with parameters 14-1-1, Chaikin indicators... and many more.

Don't smile. These indicators really reflect market conditions. You just have to learn how to use them.

The trend line and channels will always be and always will be unshakeable. M200 and M50 (derived from M200 for the frame one step lower), Pivot Point are just a little, but a must for every trader.

Don't smile, take it seriously.

I will definitely never be able to learn how to use it all. If an indicator seems to work, I want to know how it works and why. I am an engineer and I want a scientific explanation. A study of CCI, WPR and stochastic formulas shows that there is no more science in them than in voodoo magic. This applies to everything else listed as well.

What science is there. Just common sense.

AlexeyFX:
I will never be able to learn to use it all. If an indicator seems to work, I want to know how and why it works. I am an engineer and I want a scientific explanation. A study of CCI, WPR and stochastic formulas shows that there is no more science in them than in voodoo magic. This applies to everything else listed as well.

It's verynear and understandable to me. It's like that myself.

For the sake of curiosity, put all four MA200s and MA50s on a chart and observe the price behaviour of these curves.

Eventually, taking into account your meticulousness (in the best sense of the word), you will get the hang of it.

Common sense and science are not at odds with each other. More precisely, common sense is the highest level of science. Physics is higher than mathematics and common sense is higher than physics.

Take for example the discrete Fourier transform. It starts with mathematics and mathematically everything is correct there. And from the point of view of physics there are problems. And there is no common sense at all. Therefore all attempts to use FFT on the market are doomed to fail.

AlexeyFX: A study of the formulas at ...... shows that there is no more science in them than there is in voodoo magic.
It's very simple - Profitable trading is not a direct consequence of science. Science has nothing to do with it in principle. Profitable trading is a consequence of successfully finding "profitable" patterns - patterns that allow you to profit in the financial market. Indicators (formulas) help to find these profitable patterns. There is no need to rack your brains ))))

Quite often, in order to understand the meaning of a term, which is well known and universally accepted but nevertheless remains non-Russian, it is useful to look it up in a dictionary in order to get its original meaning.

So as not to go too far, let's google it:

LeoV:
It's very simple - Profitable trading is not a direct consequence of science. Science has nothing to do with it. Profitable trading is a consequence of successfully finding "profitable" patterns - patterns that make you profit in the financial market. Indicators (formulas) help to find these profitable patterns. There is no need to rack your brains ))))

I have somehow noticed that if my left buttock is itchy, the price usually goes down, and if my right buttock is itchy, the price goes up. Would that be considered a pattern?

Google seems to agree with me.

AlexeyFX:

I have somehow noticed that if my left buttock is itchy, the price usually goes down, and if my right buttock is itchy, the price goes up. Would that be considered a pattern?

Google seems to agree with me.

+++)))

You are not the only one and you are not the first. So it's not a mistake to ask how those who entered the market before you solved this problem.