Absolute courses - page 112

Renat Akhtyamov:

it's not a rate, it's something like an index.

a currency rate can only be determined in relation to another currency, don't make it up

Maybe it should really be called an index.

I think I'll make a note of such a task.

Thanks for the tip.

Алексей Енин:

good one...

And I really did believe in the existence of an exchange rate in relation to a group of currencies and even started looking.

Why is it a joke?

If from EURUSD , GBPUSD (simplified) we calculate EUR,GBP,USD . then count:

EURALL = (EURGBP + EURUSD)/2

GBPALL = (GBPEUR + GBPUSD)/2

USDALL = (USDEUR + USDGBP)/2

Then we can build a basket of 4 currencies instead of 3 = EUR,GBP,USD,ALL.

Evgeniy Chumakov:

and the exchange rate in relation to a group of currencies? EURALL/USDALL = EURUSD

Do you understand the physical meaning?

sell euros for all currencies

Bullshit

You are making nonsense.

Just like you can make up any nonsense.

Renat Akhtyamov:

You can come up with all sorts of nonsense in the same way.

I see an expert )))

;)

Renat Akhtyamov:

do you understand the physical meaning?

To sell euros for all currencies

You could sell 100 euros in instalments, 50 to the dollar, 50 to the franc. Is it physically possible?

Whether it makes practical sense is another question.

;)

Evgeniy Chumakov:

You could sell 100 euros in instalments, exchange 50 for a quid, exchange 50 for a franc. Is it physically possible?

Whether it makes practical sense is another question.

;)

But you can't do it at an imaginary price, each pair has its own exchange rate.

So it's two physical transactions, not one.

Ok, take your mind off of it.

good luck

Renat Akhtyamov:

good luck

You, too.

;)

Renat Akhtyamov:

do you understand the physical meaning?

to sell euros for all currencies

bullshit

You're not making any sense here.

just like you can make up any nonsense

You can to a currency basket. Assuming all majors move no more than K%/N days then we can calculate the weights, a normal boundary condition, and you can get around the "lack of one column"

it is possible to fugate the matrix for all, so that the totals are consistent.

Mathematics, of course, is the queen of sciences, but there is no real physicality in it. The figure is there, but it makes no sense

Maxim Kuznetsov:

One may turn to the currency basket. If we assume that all majors move no more than K%/N days we can calculate weights, normal boundary condition, and we can bypass the "one column shortage"

it is possible to fugate a matrix for all so that the totals are consistent.

Mathematics is of course the queen of sciences, but there is really no physicality in it. The numbers are there, but they don't make sense.

not all of them, but in a triangle there's zero

and they move as they please.

in detail.

we take the increment on each side of the triangle

since the amount of the deal is the increment multiplied by the value of the tick and by the lot, then the lot is known - it is the value of the tick

try

do not trade that, it's too troublesome, they may cut you in pips, it's not for nothing that all their pictures have triangles and pyramids ;)

And these absolute rates go nowhere but away from the normal logic

Renat Akhtyamov:

not all of them, but in the triangle zero

and they move as they please

in detail.

take the increment on each side of the triangle

since the amount of the deal is the increment multiplied by the value of the tick and by the lot, then the lot is known - it is the value of the tick

try

do not trade that, it's too troublesome, they may cut you in pips, it's not for nothing that all their pictures have triangles and pyramids ;)

And these absolute rates only take you nowhere from normal logic.

I'm not going to trade that... :-)

It was just a remark to the effect that "when there is a system of N equations with N+1 unknowns", the solutions produce an N-dimensional volumetric figure (at best). And to get something intelligible not from hyperstring theory, it is necessary to supplement this with conditions and boundaries.

It is worth adding that current "absolute rates" are also unnecessary. Traders, we are interested in dX/dT, i.e. what can be a little later than now.