Absolute courses - page 75

Heroix:

What's there to gloat about... I have repeatedly said and will continue to say that this (and similar) approach to pair trading gives no more quality inputs than stupid MACD trading. Proven in MT5 personally.

Author, stop giving yourself and those around you a hard time.

and what better approach to pair trading than the mcd?) maybe he further developed the topic not in the direction of pair trading, but in the direction of building indices, not limited to triangles as before.

Joperniiteatr:

what is the better approach to pair trading than mcdee)?

I can tell you that there is a more advanced analysis, namely the Reciclaim type. But it has its own difficulties, after the horizon calculation... as everywhere else in general. Is it better? I honestly do not know.

I tried to "get through to heaven" myself but failed. Some time ago I raised the topic of divergences, even tried to deduce their topology, but it did not find support among the public, both Russian and foreign.

For the time being I abandoned this way because of lack of obvious advantage over "classic", because there are more urgent priorities.

Heroix:

I can tell you that there is a more advanced analysis, namely the Reciclaim type. But it has its own difficulties, after the horizon calculation... as everywhere else in general. Is it better? I honestly do not know.

I tried to "get through to heaven" myself but had no success. Some time ago I raised the topic of divergences, even tried to deduce their topology, but it did not find support among the public, both local and foreign.

For the time being I abandoned this direction due to the lack of obvious advantage over the "classic", because there are more priorities.

Yeah, I stopped at the same...

Joperniiteatr:

If it's no secret (I see you are following), when did the minus come? I have all sorts of suspicions). As soon as I started to raise some questions here, the author immediately, if not instantly, began to rush pictures and convince us of the inconsistency of his calculations), although previously from on high spitting on the credibility and knowledge of other forumers.

Hehe. For me it was exactly the opposite. I was writing my thoughts to myself, in particular about the fact that there are no absolute courses. And all of a sudden I noticed that you were writing some bullshit. So I asked you what the equation was and why.

Joperniiteatr:
That's why the author's search for a solution depended on decimal precision

Could you explain in more detail why - therefore?

Joperniiteatr:

... As soon as I started to raise some issues here, the author immediately, if not instantly, started throwing pictures and convincing us of the inconsistency of his calculations...

I obviously missed something. Would you be so kind as to explicitly state the "issues" you "raised"?

Figar0:

I'll refresh the 'details' of the demonstration trade, because I could barely find them.

So far not much - minus 13%....

It is too early to gloat after a few trading days, but we can start to prepare for it.

I changed my investor password from Dr.F. to DrForex

Not out of malice, but because I registered my account with Onyx and he does not like the dots in my password.I have not managed to make a userbar yet... I'll have one soon.

Joperniiteatr:

If it's no secret (I see you are following), when did the minus come? I have all sorts of suspicions). As soon as I started to raise some questions here the author immediately, if not instantly, started dumping pictures and convincing us in inconsistency of his calculations), although previously from on high he spat on the credibility and knowledge of other forumers.
To be honest, I don't see any pair trading there. Everything is simpler there. Cheap to buy, expensive to sell. Of course, it has a good reason, but there is no way to determine the cheap and expensive one, even using "higher" mathematics and heromancy. Periods when it works, there are periods when it works exactly the opposite. The maximum I have achieved with this approach is trading at or near zero. Although there have been some very decent stretches of trading.

By the way. I've used this trick once before on the account shown here. But I didn't have time to say it explicitly. In the presence of a signal in the same direction where there is already an open trade at its state of some profit, say, 20 pips, I will sometimes redefine TP=SL. They will remain equal to 50 (for example) pips modulo, but will be located at new levels. No longer relative to zero, but relative to the accumulated plus. In a separate trade this trick affects its result, but statistically it is the same as if I opened other trades with TP=SL. So it is just a convenient trick, which does not break the symmetry of the trading system.

Figar0:
I honestly don't see any pair trading there.
We should first agree on the terms. So that those discussing it have the same understanding of what "pair trading" is.