help with the Slippage parameter - page 6

here is another situation I was talking about, in bold the price on the right is1.30897 this is the price at which the pending, stop, 1.30901 and this is the price at which it turned into a market one, we have 4 pips against us))))) Anybody want to comment on how this happened?

7932939 27.02.2013 7:19 buy 0,10 EURUSD 1,30901 1,30751 1,30951 27.02.2013 7:20 1,3090 -0,65 0,00 0,00 0,70 1.20-SH-1.30897

ex_kalibur:

here is another situation I was talking about, in bold the price on the right1.30897 is the price at which the pending, stop, 1.30901 and this is the price at which it turned into a market one, we have 4 pips against us))))) Anybody want to comment on how this happened?

7932939 27.02.2013 7:19 buy 0,10 EURUSD 1,30901 1,30751 1,30951 27.02.2013 7:20 1,3090 -0,65 0,00 0,00 0,70 1.20-SH-1.30897

This is slippage. Happens all the time when working with stop-losses, especially on an ecn account. 4 pips on a five-digit account is snot.

I put a pendent, so I stated the price at which I want to enter, if there is no price, then why did I enter the market? And another question, perhaps a complicated one, my pendents should be in the Depth of Market, I suggest the price at which I make a deal, and do not make a deal at the price offered to me, how in this case?

ex_kalibur:
As I put a pendent, it means I announced the price I want to enter the market, if it is absent then why did I enter the market?

About limiters - slippage is in the trader's favour. But there is a catch that when the price reaches its level, it may not work - it is explained by the fact that there was not a counterposition of sufficient volume. Although, this is also nonsense because if there was not enough volume, the price would not rise above the Limit. And the prices on the spot and the bezbank ones should have been different. And there would be no such thing as "slippage". There is only a spread as the difference between two opposing positions.

As for the stop-losses, if you are not satisfied with the spread or the price, you do not have to enter the trade, but the pauses should be replaced by market entry at this level.

About the glass. - The market that you get in MT, in an ECN account - it's a piece of cake. You will not see your limit order there. It shows a certain combined position - that's all. There is no transparency. And they say that large positions overlap first, and then the small ones, but it should not be so according to exchange principles - everything must be in turn. And you do not know how much ECN plugin adds to the spread and how it plays with slippages. But, truth be told, they take more than they deserve, but they do not cheeky like before on classic accounts. You can make money... and a lot of it.

Julia Sharipova:
If i placed a pendent, it means i announced the price to enter the market, if i don't have it then why should i enter the market?

As far as I know, in MT4 all Limit/Stop orders are virtual and no margin is taken from you for placing them, so they are executed by software on the server side as fast as possible, that's their advantage... but at market price.

Matvey Alekseev:

As far as I know, in MT4 all Limit/Stop orders are virtual and no margin is taken from you for placing them, so they are executed by software on the server side as fast as possible, that's their advantage... but at a market price.

Where do you guys come from? Bringing up a topic from four years ago.

From the search... as there is no clear description of what SLIPPAGE is, what exactly is meant by int type (Point/Pips) and how it works on market_exec and instant_exec...

gcsJ even if the topic is 10 years old... I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be raised... it's open, isn't it? ah yes... Necroposter... mauvais ton...

Matvey Alekseev:
From the search... as there is no clear description of what SLIPPAGE is, what exactly is meant by int type (Point/Pips) and how it works on market_exec and instant_exec...

gcsJ even if the topic is 10 years old... I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be raised... it's open, isn't it? ah yes... Necroposter... mauvais ton...

The problem isn't that the topic was brought up, it's that you're answering a 4 year old question. Or do you think that in such a short time you might not have solved the problem?

It seems to me that this is the most relevant answer to my query in the search engine, and I have no desire to go through tons of sites of unknown persons, and the topic is not covered... The documentation contains general phrases... I had to look for a solution through experience, of course, someone found it, but not a single word about it...

Actually the idea how to create 'artificial' slippage in ECN accounts (it is clear, that it is only for scalpers, who have every pip in the account...) So, the basis for zero stop levels and conditionally zero spreads, then open order in the market with TP ~ 2 pips for example. In the case of slippage of the price not in our direction, we get an error SL/TP in the other case, the order will open at an acceptable price. The only thing left is to modify it with the required SL/TP, better to write a separate script with while...

Matvey Alekseev:
From the search... because there is no clear description of what SLIPPAGE is, what exactly is meant by int type (Point/Pips) and how it works on market_exec and instant_exec...

gcsZ even if the topic is 10 years old... I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be raised... it's open, isn't it? ah yes... Necroposter... mauvais ton...

It's been a long time since I've dealt with this. It used to be like this:

- The Slippage parameter only appears in the order creation window when Instant Execution is performed. You have to check

"Use maximal deviation from requested price".

and set the "Maximum deviation .... points" as a non-zero value.

One deviation, it's considered that it should work when the rate changes both for better and for worse for the client symmetrically. Then by the rules for trading, it will work. Pips for forex is the minimum rate change, one pip = 0.00001 for pairs without JPY in the case of five digits.

Only the DC still has settings for what real slippage to allow, and there are already two. It is not difficult to guess why there are two. It would seem to be easier for a broker to set zero slippage to the side profitable for a client and big slippage to the unprofitable one. However, in the case of five-figure settings this may cause that half of requests to open trades will be rejected, and the client is already losing on the average - why slow down the process.

What, is something different now?