MACHINE period with minus value - page 11

Caesar34: hooray, at least someone understands, without any cockroaches in their head =)

You have cockroaches in your head, and very big ones, - and they are so hungry, that they mercilessly eat out your brain :)

You should first have at least a superficial knowledge of the subject before presenting absolutely fantastic "ToR" based on your own hypotheses that have nothing to do with the practice and theory of filters.

In any case, regardless of the attitude to this thread, a Happy New Year to you!

Mathemat:

The cockroaches are in your head, and very big ones, - and they are so hungry that they mercilessly eat away at your brain :)

You should first have at least a superficial knowledge of the subject before presenting absolutely fantastic "ToR" based on your own hypotheses that have nothing to do with the practice and theory of filters.

But in any case, regardless of the attitude to this branch - Happy New Year to you!

And a happy New Year to you ...

P/S I'm sure you didn't even open the MA, after my question, to understand how the period increase is reflected on the MA in relation to the graph, but immediately started remembering formulas, etc. But if you had taken a look, it would have been clear to you from the first sentence...

Caesar34:

I may be mistaken, but I described an example of how the MA works with a positive period... And I have considered that there is a centre from which the positive period is repulsed, the higher the period, the further the MA is from the chart or smoother.... it would be logical to assume, but i may be wrong, that with a negative period MA should be on the other side of the centre, but in the direction of price, without any shifts back or forward, like MA with a positive period

That's right. And that centre is the last candle on the chart. That's why you are right about looking into the future.

Do not misunderstand that the MA goes FOR the price, just repeating its movements - because for its calculation, as well as for any physically realizable filter, price values in the past are used. If you want price to go behind MA, you will have to look up where there is nothing yet. I.e. mathematically the construction of such MA is quite acceptable, the physical sense seems to be there too, but the physical implementation - sorry, no.

Caesar34: Happy New Year to you too...

P/S I'm sure you didn't even open the MA, after my question, to understand how the period increase is reflected on the MA in relation to the chart, but immediately started recalling formulas, etc. But if you had looked, it would have been clear to you from the first sentence...

Of course, I've never seen a wopper before...

Happy New Year - thank you!

P.S. How do you open a MA?

alsu:

That's right. And that centre is the last candle on the chart. That is why you are correctly explained about looking into the future.

The MA goes FOR the price for a reason, just repeating its movements - because for its calculation, as well as for any physically realizable filter, the past price values are used. If you want price to go behind MA, you will willy-nilly have to look up where there is nothing yet. I.e. mathematically the construction of such MA is quite acceptable, the physical sense seems to be there too, but the physical implementation - sorry, no.

Ok, let's think...
If the MA has a reference point, is it calculated based on the past price, not the future one, right? Then why can't we mirror the MA from its reference point, which will be a negative period... (the line doesn't go forward or backward)

Sergei, it was me who deleted your post. This is a warning.

Caesar34:

OK, let's think about it...
The calculation of the positive period in MA, is it based on what parameters? does it have a reference point? the calculation is based on past price, not future price, right? then why can't the MA be mirrored from its reference point, which would be a negative period... (the line doesn't go forward and doesn't move backward)
Once again, the reference point is the current moment in time. If we count the MA (10), then we have to take 10 bars in the past, starting from the current moment. Mirror back - what do we get?

Mathemat:
Sergei, it was me who deleted your post. This is a warning.

oops, that was a hint on my part too, that you shouldn't put yourself ahead of everyone else...

alsu:
Once again, the reference point is the current moment in time. If we count the MA (10), then we have to take 10 bars back in time from the current moment. Mirror it - what do we get?

I don't know)) maybe 10 bars too, but with a minus sign?)

If I was a programmer, I think my assumptions would be smarter than 10 bars with a minus sign, but then again, if you take this example, I can't see how it would then be reflected on the chart, without reference to a common centre...

The EMA is even funnier - theoretically (indirectly, but still) an infinite number of candlesticks is involved in its calculation. I.e. the current value of EMA is theoretically determined by the entire previous history (in practice, of course, it is almost like that, but we can neglect it with an acceptable accuracy). If we mirror it, it turns out that in order to get the exact value of the EMA with a negative period, we need to know all future price values until the end of the world.