neural network and inputs - page 21

Debugger:

To make NS work, you always have to define the concepts. A bad term, but it is a fact.

The machine has to understand what you want it to do. If the grid works and it doesn't, then you haven't defined the concepts.

And from there, dance around as best you can. That's all I will say.

Good post. About the usefulness of defining concepts I agree 100%.

But the highlighting is a little too categorical. The grid may work or not for other reasons.

In fact, the topic has now implicitly switched to discussing contextualization. If we start discussing contextualization explicitly (i.e. with an understanding of what we are talking about), the discussion may become more useful.

imha.

JImpro:

There are people who build MTS specifically on Adverse Tactics models, some successfully (they say). You don't have to believe them, but you can always check, yourself. I always do.

P.S.

What are you looking for anyway? And in what form should the information be that would make you say: cool! That's what you need! In the branches of Neo, not only were the methods of finding patterns discussed, but a ready-made pattern was handed to you on a silver platter, just take it and trade. What else do you need? You want him to trade it for you and wire the money to your account? Calling Neo and the participants of the Branch on patterns - sectarians. That was strong. I appreciate the scale.

You do not need to assess the scale - it is absolutely no secret. Well, to everyone except the members of the thread. Just as much a sect as the volnoviks, gannicans, eliotniks, magic square worshippers, traidun astrologers, etc.

If you check everything yourself - I sincerely pity you. There is not enough time to check everything in this world. Especially on the internet.

MetaDriver:

If you start discussing contextualisation explicitly (i.e. with an understanding of what the speech is about), there may be more benefit to the discussion.

start

FAGOTT:
start

I've already started. ))) now it's your turn to speak up.

Intra-market NS is utopian and mythical

NS on inter-market analysis. Gold, oil, indices

FAGOTT:

There isn't enough time in this world to test everything.

It will take you forever to wait for someone to prove it's "worthwhile". It will take a little less time to check everything, and you won't have to check everything. Worthwhile things will come across much sooner - if you don't take it all in stride and demand immediate 100% proof.

You're trying to save time, wait for a ready-made method and more with proof - wait. You are actually wasting your time, while you wait, you can check so much and probably your manir long ago.Betting your money, on an MTS that someone checked and not you personally is brave, but stupid.You cannot trust outsiders to do such a thing. You may save time on checking, but you will surely lose money.

Building MTS, is an embodiment of your vision of the market, understanding the essence of the processes taking place at a given time and/or place. The way we understand the essence of the processes at this stage, the system will work.

If we know nothing about the process and don't want to know - we will search for combinations of indicators, and phonatory "curvulines" - patterns with reactions . We can really do this for the rest of our lives and sigh: what can we do, non-stationarity .

nikelodeon:
AGA!!!! And the market reaction to this pattern is always the same? Have you checked?

Yeah checked, it doesn't change of course, with why would the reaction change. There's more working stuff in the public domain , on Spider, Atomuli pattern posted and Paukas on this forum. It's actually a pattern of people's behaviour, not just a randomly occurring curveball.

People don't change, don't like new rakes, they like old and familiar ones.

The market curve, is a reflection of the activities of living people, with the mass of people. Crowd psychology in the form of price. People who trade in the market will want something and will be afraid of something, it affects the price. Price is always a balance of concerns and interests, of people. Psychological reaction to price, it is natural. MTS even on patterns, even on neural nets, even on anything, shouldtake this (psychological reaction to price) into account.

JImpro:

Stop being sectarian.

Open the pattern/fractal branch and show the power of the tool there

FAGOTT:

Stop being sectarian.

Open the pattern/fractal branch and show the power of the tool there

+1 ))) Enough talk about nothing!!! Get specific!!! )))

LeoV:
Get specific!!! )))

Really, let's be specific, shall we?

Task one, simple) to predict tomorrow's closing price. Let's not delve into the depths of NS, let's not talk about what is more productive to predict the high or low, or even "chew" on econometrics - also omit, just about inputs, who would use what for such a task? What contains the grit of information about tomorrow's closing price? Generally speaking, it seems to me that everything is simple here - we take the last 5 to 10 bars, their High, Low, Open/Close, and then we try the first and the second differences, all sorts of ratios, increments, etc. In general, if anyone thinks otherwise, it will be interesting to listen.

The task of the second, more difficult and I'm on the subject of the day, or rather night). We want to predict the "next", roughly speaking, a trend or flat (or volatility or "doldrums" for example). Here I am in a puddle. It would seem that it is much easier. One does not need to know the price, not even the direction, but simply to predict the nature of the market. My gut tells me that I cannot do without indicators that I hate (at least they must be able to interpret correctly the status quo on history), but what to use, how to use them - can't you imagine? Any ideas?