The path to the grail: thechanalysis vs MM - page 4

lexandros:

If you mean the ring - don't give me a hint... I've read the thread. It's all very interesting - but I can't see the practicality of the ring... alas...
And that's a pity. I do. and it's in the "Equity trade" part of it.

Peter_Zabriski:
You just haven't shown them how to apply the analysis. That's why not many people believe it works.)

moskitman:
That's a shame. I can see that, and that's the part about "trading equity".

I've been racking my brains about your ring... I came up with something similar in my head... But I still haven't figured out how to get practical benefit from it in the form of real and tangible profits...

lexandros:

hehe... don't want to post pretty pictures from a tester with an increase from a hundred quid to a hundred million in 3 years... one hundred million and on we go slower because lot size doesn't allow for further geometricity :) 100 lots is the limit... :)

Well, please post it. I just love looking at pretty pictures with stats - the main thing. And I'm not the only one. Looking forward to it).

lexandros:

The idea is based on trading an equity chart rather than a price chart...

Trading an equity chart of almost any drain owl using thechanalysis is no easier than trading a price chart. It doesn't help.

Tested by me a long time ago and abandoned and forgotten.

I tried to develop an indicator for each system emulating the system operation with output of a histogram of results of each deal with the balance and equity line (all in pips).

The indicator emulating equity line trading with the final balance after equity trading was developed for the balance graph. You could go on - trade the equity line from the equity trade, but don't.

I just think that no matter how many times you go through it, you'll end up with a piece of crap)) I don't think it's a good idea to "trade when you're good".

But the equity raffle of a profitable system can be successfully traded - it increases, as a rule, the recovery factor.

Although it could be simpler - to manipulate the lot... After all, "playing with lots" is the same as playing with the equity line.

If there is a basket of currencies whose chart is really horizontal, then looking for a big minus or plus, you can open from the borders of the channel, but I have tried so many things wrong. Negro however :D

7Konstantin7:
If there is a currency basket with a really flat chart, you can open from the boundaries of a channel when you see big minus or plus, but I've tried so many, it is not the case.

It's a little different. There are groups of pairs, some of which are in deficit (relative to the start), while others are in profit. You can play with the number/quality of orders in the basket, bearing in mind that a group of currency pairs is more inert in its movement than one pair.

moskitman:
Well yes trading the same basket and not one pair) thanks for that... assembly

Everyone has rushed into pair trading. Everyone is sick of synthetics)))

The market is not so good for breakouts and bounces on one pair and no one likes averaging.

lexandros, don't waste your time with nonsense. A system based on nothing can in no way be profitable. To make money you need a statistical advantage over the market, and for that you need to find and use some kind of regularity in that market. There is no other way. MM can improve the stability and profitability of the system, but it will not create a positive MO in itself.

If you are going to analyze the equity, the equity graph at each section corresponds to the movement chart of the asset in which you have an open position (if we are talking about individual trades). Wouldn't it be easier to work with the source than to analyze the same balls through the same place? :)