Not the Grail, just a regular one - Bablokos!!! - page 186

khorosh:
The averaging one sets orders against the trend, the reversal one against the trend.

But it sets them not at random, but according to the algorithm. So there is a strategy...

Now, just a reminder of what someone said a little earlier:

khorosh:

If any strategy calls for shares or averaging, it is confirmation of its fiasco.

khorosh:
The averaging one sets orders against the trend, the reversal one follows the trend.

А.. You mean it... simply, as many forums as there are, so many names for martingale. "Particular smart guys" even manage to prove that averaging against the trend is not a martin... :)
I agree, for the reason that limits, if anything, slide to the plus side. A stop martin will occasionally get caught up in the news.

I disagree, for the reason that in a trend martin it is easier to dance on the current volatility, because you can see the width of the channel. If you go counter-trending, you may hit such a trend that you'll be telling your grandchildren about it later :))

But taking into account new fashionable loophole of our native brokerage companies - 50-300 points stop slippage, we can already gradually forget about counter-martin orders.

ivandurak:

There is one https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/143 https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/145

I suggest a slightly different option. Next I will look at the Kohonen map as an example. Let's draw the map according to the variant suggested above. Then at testing we will control the profitability of TC1 as well as position of the current moment on the chart. We select the area1 of the highest returns and apply TS1 when the moment hits the area1. It is possible to select several TS, each with its own areas. Imho this option is more preferable, area1 can consist of several areas, one of which will be small to bring profit, but enough to convert the trade from virtual to real. In addition you can make statistics on the time the market has been in the areas. Maybe according to the trajectory of momentum now on the map, it will be possible to predict where on the map ( read market condition) we will be in the future.

That Mathemat don't want to write a book, I would show it to my grandchildren, that man banned me. Well at least then at least throw interesting links from your bookmarks.

I'm far from kohonen maps:)

evillive:

But he doesn't set them out of nowhere, he sets them according to an algorithm? So there is a strategy in place...

Now let me remind you of what someone said earlier:

I wrote above that the first order is set at random, the subsequent ones at a certain distance from each other. If you think this is some kind of algorithm, then please count it. When I spoke about the TS algorithm worthy of being called a TS, I meant something much more complicated using indicators and some in-depth analysis of the market situation.

A certain distance is a grid. Grid strategies are also strategies :)

And making decisions in this or that case to change the volume of the lot is an analysis, more "in-depth" than using indicators. So your big words about the lack of TS and analysis are just words...

Just try to open the first position not out of the blue, but based on some kind of analysis ;)

philips:

In a counter-trend, you can hit a trend that you'll tell your grandchildren about later... :))

If the Expert Advisor successfully passes the test since 1999, then firstly, the probability of encountering an even longer reverse trend is low; secondly, the initial deposit size I take is twice as big as the maximal drawdown in this interval. So there is still some safety margin. If you do not want to concentrate all your funds in one account, it is better to divide them in several accounts and trade in several currencies, then your grandchildren will not have to hear any horror stories).

Nah, there are some interesting points, so why be so categorical with denial .

If you take 2-5% on a trade the probability of making 3% of the deposit on a good movement increases many times over.

evillive:

A certain distance is a grid. Grid strategies are also strategies :)

And making decisions in this or that case to change the volume of the lot is an analysis, more "in-depth" than using indicators. So your big words about the lack of TS and analysis are just words...

But try to open the first position not out of the blue, but on the basis of at least some analysis.)

You think that after 5 years of creating martins I haven't tried to open the first position from scratch, you're making me laugh))) I have only one Expert Advisor that works without indicators whose algorithm I mentioned above. The experts currently working on the real account use the analysis. But this analysis only helps to ensure higher profits. And the ability to work without losing money for a long interval is provided by the martin principle itself (increasing the lot size of subsequent positions).

Closer to 3,000 orders closed for about 30 minutes :D

Synthetics Forever)

М15