Not the Grail, just a regular one - Bablokos!!! - page 609

Anatolii Zainchkovskii:
No, I believe that Martin systems cannot be stable.
Nevertheless, you can make money on systems with Martin if you know how long the phase state will last.

What is your criterion for determining stability?

khorosh:

What is your definition of stability?

Probably the number of deposits you lose :)

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Probably the number of deposits I've lost :)

I would like to get an answer to this question from him. Suppose we have an EA with Martin, but with a loss limit of 25%. Suppose during a year the Expert Advisor makes losses only 75% three times but gains 200%, the total profit is 125%. Can this EA be considered stable? I think so. Does he admit that this kind of performance of an EA with a martin is possible?

khorosh - think about it - if your strategy (without adjustment) does not have a clear advantage in the +++ side of the long story all the results will be 50/50

Read the theory of matrix expectations .............

khorosh
khorosh
  • www.mql5.com
Профиль трейдера

Samburr:

khorosh - think about it - if your strategy (without adjustment) does not have a clear advantage in the +++ side of the long story all the results will be 50/50

Read the theory of matrix expectations .............

Is it impossible with martin?

khorosh:

I would like an answer to this question. Suppose we have an EA with a Martin, but with a loss limit of 25%. Suppose during a year this EA closes losses 3 times with only 75% loss, but at the same time it gains 200%, the final profit is 125%. Can this EA be considered stable? I think so. Does he admit that this kind of performance of an EA with a martin is possible?

One year is not an indicator, I'm not writing any robot and none of them has ever shown stability for more than 3 years. When Martin will be able to work for more than 3 years and give me a year with drawdown no more than 30% and I'll say it's stable.

Anatolii Zainchkovskii:
95% of profitable trades are just Martin with overbidding.
When you do 95 trades out of 100 without averaging (martin) in the profit, I'll take my hat off and eat a bun.)

probably you're wrong - because what is martini - is the approximate scheme = 1-1-2-4(tp) - ie 1-1-2 will close with a loss and only 4 will bring a profit - ie if the average profitable 25-30% - then it may indicate a martini ...

And if the Pyramid goes in profit - the scheme - 1-1-2-4-8-TP - then there are 80-100% profitable trades goes...

that's about it...

khorosh:

Is it impossible with a martin?

in a martin there's arithmetic - and you can't beat that, it's always gonna be 50/50.

and where's the advantage in a martin? - you pinch a little, you risk losing everything.

Samburr:

in martin arithmetic - and you can't beat it, it's always going to be 50/50.

And where's the advantage in martin? You pinch a little, you risk losing everything.

50/50 is an unsubstantiated assertion.

The advantage is that, the vast majority of trades are buried with profits.

Why all that fixing a loss at say 25% is forbidden?