Time machine. Your actions. - page 28

If your time machine could take me back to 1966, I would push harder to get to the concert of Vladimir Vysotsky, whose anniversary (the keys refuse to write) is coming up. The whole group wanted to go, but could not get tickets. We were ready to pay out the entire 35 p. stipend, even though the ticket cost a few rubles. The pride of the Russian people, timeless. These words belong to him (I do not remember them literally, but the meaning is): Life is like an alphabet, I've reached the letter Scha, I conclude this summer with the meaningful I!

Google:

Vysotsky in his confession "My fate is to the last line, to the cross. ...... Life is an alphabet: I'm somewhere Already in the "tse-chee-chee-chee", - I'll be gone this summer In ...

Literally:

I commune with silence.
I'm afraid to look up,
I try to think of the funniest things
I try to remember.
Life is an alphabet: I'm somewhere
# I'm already in the "tsk-tsk-tsk-tsk-tsk-tsk-tsk-tsk" #
I'll be gone this summer
In my crimson cloak.
But I'll hold on with my hand
At the end of the letter "I"...

yosuf:
Maybe it's better to go into the future, 46 years into the future?

DmitriyN:
Maybe it's better to go into the future, 46 years into the future?
One can hardly dream before 110.

solar:

You are not a stupid person, perhaps you have some thoughts of your own.

In this case, hardly any. "Just following protocol..." ;-)

First, a distinction must be made: it was noted above that reversal learning experiments demonstrate that if there is measurable learning about the fact of reversal, there is learning-II. However, it is possible to learn (learning-I) a given setting at some point and then, at a later point, to learn a reversed setting and still not acquire reversal learning. In this case, there will be no improvement from one reversal to the next. One unit of learning-I will simply replace another unit of learning-I without achieving any learning-II. If, on the other hand, there is an improvement in learning with successive reversals, this indicates the presence of learning-II.

If we apply the same type of logic to the relationship between learning-II and learning-III, we have to expect that there is a possibility of substituting prerequisites at the level of learning-P without achieving any learning-III.

Consequently, before discussing learning-III, we need to distinguish between mere substitution without learning-III and such substitution assimilation that is really learning-III.

That psychotherapists are able to help their patients with a simple replacement of the assumptions of teaching-ll is in itself an undeniable achievement, given the self-reinforcing nature of these assumptions and their more or less unconscious nature. However, there is no doubt that to this extent the task is feasible.

In the controlled and protected environment of a therapeutic relationship, the therapist can apply one or more of the following manoeuvres:

(a) To achieve a confrontation between the patient's premise and the therapist's premise, carefully trained not to fall into the trap of the old premise;

(b) To get the patient to act (either in or out of the therapy room) in a way that is in confrontation with his assumptions;

c) Demonstrate a contradiction in the assumptions that control the patient's behaviour;

d) induce in the patient (e.g., in a dream or under hypnosis) some exaggeration, or caricature, of an experience based on his old assumptions.

As William Blake noted long ago, "Without opposition there is no development" (I call these contradictions at the level of learning-II "double messages").

However, there are always loopholes to mitigate the impact of contradictions. It is common knowledge in learning psychology that (in Learning-I) subjects learn faster if they receive reinforcement every time they answer correctly, but that such learning disappears fairly quickly when the reinforcement stops. If, on the other hand, reinforcement is given sporadically, the subject learns more slowly, but the resulting learning does not fade as easily when the reinforcement stops. In other words, the subject will be able to learn (learning-II) the following: the context is such that the lack of reinforcement does not mean that his response was wrong or inappropriate. His view of the context was in fact correct until the experimenter changed his tactics.

Of course, the therapist must so support or isolate the contradictions governing the patient as to block such and other loopholes. A Zen disciple who has been given a paradox (koan) must work at his task "like a mosquito biting an iron bar".

Full text here

MetaDriver:

In this case, almost none. "Just following protocol..." ;-)

Another road ? )))

there

solar:
Another road? )))
Crossroads.

Thank you, that's nice, I like that.

I have a selection of photos from an earlier period - from 1900 onwards, mostly in b&w, very interesting

Reason: