Random probability theory. Napalm continues! - page 11

Here is a simple example.

I ask you a question, you answer either "YES" or "NO".

So, the question is, "Do you have a coolie?"

What is the probability that by answering "YES" you will tell the truth?

PapaYozh:

Here is a simple example.

So, the question is, "Do you have a coolie?"

What's the likelihood of you answering "yes" and telling the truth?

Well, theorist doesn't really operate with such examples - there are no numbers or observations to calculate (I would answer - I don't know).

These are the examples used in kindergarten and high school.

Here's a simple example from high school:

So the question is, "Have you finally stopped masturbating?"

P.S. I hope you're not offended. It's just that the example is very childish and naive...

Demi:

Well, theorver doesn't really operate with such examples - there are no numbers and observations to calculate (I would answer - I don't know).

Such examples are used in kindergarten and secondary school.

Here is a simple example from a secondary school:

So the question is, "Have you finally stopped masturbating?"

P.S. I hope you're not offended. It's just that the example is very childish and naive...

1) if there are observations, these are statistics;

2) " and you? ";

PS. I don't remember when we were drinking on the brotherhood.

PapaYozh:

1) If there are observations, it's a statistic;

2) " and you? ";

PS. I don't remember when we had a drink.

)))))))))))))) there are no observations in the theorist? Statistics = theorist + observations? stop rambling

I've never had a drink with anyone in my life, so what?

Demi:

This is sophistry now - lack of information, lack of probabilities, lack of information about probability, etc., etc.

Nobody is confused about anything. A non-deterministic quantity is a non-deterministic quantity whose distribution function is unknown. The probability of encountering a dorplp, provided there is no information about the dorplp itself, is a non-deterministic quantity with an unknown distribution function.

Think about it another way. Probability, whatever it is, lies between 0.0 and 1.0. Any number different from 0.5 tilts the cup of certainty to either one side or the other. If you do not know which event is more likely, then obviously for you both events are equally likely, so your answer is 0.5. This is the number you would quote if you were asked to determine the probability of these events, without any "I don't know" or "I don't play that way".

C-4:

If you don't know which event is more likely, then obviously for you both events are equally likely....

Absolutely not obvious. If I don't know which of two events is more likely, I answer "I don't know".

When a person doesn't know they are equally likely, it's called false probability.

alsu:
Even estimating the probability of seeing a dinosaur depends on your knowledge of who they are and what archaeological era it is. In the absence of this knowledge, the probability for you would be 0.5)

Again. In this example, for anyone, the probability of going out and encountering a living dinosaur is completely independent of their degree of awareness of palaeontology.

Demi:

Again. In this example, the likelihood for any person to go out and meet a living dinosaur is completely independent of their degree of awareness of palaeontology.

Once again. For a start, one must know what a "dinosaur" is.

PapaYozh:

Once again. You have to know what a "dinosaur" is first.

statistically, living dinosaurs are more likely to be encountered by those with no knowledge of paleontology at all?

The law of inverse proportionality between the probability of encountering a living dinosaur and the amount of knowledge in palaeontology?

Demi:

Again. In this example, the likelihood for anyone to go out and meet a living dinosaur is completely independent of their degree of awareness of paleontology.

Imagine someone meets a living dinosaur (or dinosaur him) on a daily basis. Did it work?

What if someone called their cat a 'dinosaur'?