Forget random quotes - page 62

Demi:

Are the ∑ signs there correct or not? Why are they there?
I'm not interested in that. Millions use it and I am also trying to learn how to use it. I don't have the task of putting myself above the millions.

faa1947:
I'm not interested in it. Millions use it and I am trying to learn how to use it as well. I don't have the task of putting myself above the millions.

you use this test and do you know the formula of this test or not? what millions........

C-4:

OK, if I say to take column 6 from ZW_CONT10080.csv
Are the columns separated by a comma? are the hours and minutes also a column? I.e. the first digit in column 6 is 903.50?

Demi:

you use this test and do you know the formula for this test or not? what millions........

Millions of users. You drive a car and you don't know the formula for any of the materials the car is made of and you don't bother. Knowing how to make a tool and knowing how to use it are different skills. I am not interested in knowing how to make a tool - I don't have the time or brains to learn how to use someone else's tool.

Where did 903.50 come from? Is that the file you're looking at? The first number is 325.25:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

1992.11.01,00:00,355.75,364.00,352.75,359.25,1901

Otherwise, yes, hours and minutes are different columns, all columns are comma separated (standard export from MT4).

In the second file, column 16 should correspond to the net operators position: Net Operators.

faa1947:

I want to agree with C-4 that patterns are off-topic for this thread, but I want to clarify why.

Let's compare any patterns, including yours, to apples in an orchard.

You come in early June and see apples among grass, earth, trees, twigs, leaves, sun, rain, night and day and teach your program to recognize those apples among all those circumstances. You test your program (TC) on a test sample and get a remarkable result (as in your post). As the "science" teaches us in TA, you do a forward test in July and everything is fine - the program recognizes a pattern (apples), here it is grail and shivers in the knees, in August you get confirmation of the grail on the demo and in September you put your grail on the real. At the beginning it seems to be OK, but then it gets worse and worse, and in November we lose. This is a typical pattern for patterns.

The reason TCs fade on patterns is the lack of articulation of a general description of the market in which a pattern can exist - in the example it's summer, early autumn. There are no apples in the rest of the year.

This branch is trying to discuss these general market attributes on which patterns can be formulated.

I argue in this thread that the market is being manipulated, I argue that the market is being driven by investment, C-4 has its own idea. All of us in the next step are trying to learn to distinguish between changes in these underlying conditions, in my example above - the seasons. But without putting forward these basic assumptions - all TCs are rubbish regardless of the apparatus used.

You have to filter out the bullshit.) You can't get away from it, even if you trade patterns or something else.

C-4:

and column #16 from Meta COT Report COT - WHEAT - CHICAGO BOARD OF TRADE .csv,
Net Operators is it?

C-4:

Where did 903.50 come from? Is that the file you're looking at? The first number is 325.25:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

1992.11.01,00:00,355.75,364.00,352.75,359.25,1901

Otherwise, yes, hours and minutes are different columns, all columns are comma separated (standard export from MT4).

In the second file, column 16 should correspond to the net operators position: Net Operators.

Figured it out. Takes time as it is from different tables.

faa1947:
Millions of users. You drive a car and you don't know the formula for any of the materials the car is made of and don't bother. Knowing how to make a tool and knowing how to use it are different skills. I am not interested in knowing how to make a tool - I don't have the time or brains to learn how to use someone else's tool.

millions again... cars, materials, tools... NONSENSE.

And this test -- not an auto, but a broken cart.

faa1947:
Millions of users. You drive a car and you don't know the formula for any of the materials used to make the car and you don't bother. Knowing how to make a tool and knowing how to use it are different skills. I'm not interested in knowing how to make a tool - I don't have the time or brains to learn how to use someone else's tool.

This is where I disagree. You have to understand at least the general principles, what a part does and why it gives such a result. Otherwise you sit in the car, immediately start the fifth gear and stammer - the car sucks, it does not go - you will think, but the matter is not that the car does not go, the matter is in your ignorance. That is why it is useless to mindlessly apply tests, calculations and other statistics without understanding what they give and why.