Forget random quotes - page 47

COT can work on instruments where those characterised as "large speculators" are more market traders (hence Commercial provide liquidity). And they (the speculators) should not be too spread out in terms of timeframes. Then, probably, the time will come when there is nobody else to drive the price and speculators will withdraw from positions. In general, the market has a certain microstructure. Therefore, COT is not very useful for "popular" instruments. Everyone jerks off as they want))

Avals:

COT can work on instruments where those characterised as "large speculators" are more market traders (hence Commercial provide liquidity). And they (the speculators) should not be too spread out in terms of timeframes. Then, probably, the time will come when there is nobody else to drive the price and speculators will withdraw from positions. In general, the market has a certain microstructure. Therefore, COT is not very useful for "popular" instruments. Everyone jerks off the way they want to))

On commodities COTs are more informative, although they are also good on Eurobucks.

Reshetov:

HideYourRichess:

Well, the statistics is not for profit, it's for hygiene.

FYI: in two months, 365 people downloaded the R wrapper and 581 people downloaded the example, and for R the above test is a mere trifle. While you're here scolding the statistics, people are just learning the business.

So all that's left is for those hundreds of people on the forum to catch up.

marker:

OI in soybeans is off the charts, seems to be the highest in 10 years, and there is also a discrepancy in availability.

You have to be careful with your conclusions here. OI rises because the price rises. The higher the price, the more liquidity there is, so the OM will also go up.

faa1947:

So all that's left is for those hundreds of people on the forum to pick up the slack.

You better hope so. Maybe you'll get ten people.

TheXpert:
Just hope. Maybe you will wait for ten people.

At the beginning of 2011 I ran a search on the site for the word "econometrics" - I got a few random mentions. The word "statistics" had many references, but only in the context of theorists and DSPs.

In October 2011 I published two articles and started a thread titled "Econometrics: a forecast one step ahead". Not a single person supported it, but most of them openly laughed. Today the situation is different.

We have to wait and in six months most of the coryphaei will look simply ridiculous.

As the classic said: the process on this site is under way.

C-4:

You have to be careful with your conclusions here. OI rises because the price rises. The higher the price, the more liquidity there is, so the OI will also go up.
I agree, you have to be more careful)

faa1947:

the process on the website is underway.

Fuck the process! When's the money coming in?

faa1947:

Just wait and in half a year most of the coryphaei will look ridiculous.

Well, first of all. I'm not against using libs at all. Quite the opposite, in fact.

I mean the actual situation and the efficiency of the exhaust.

TheXpert:

First of all. I'm not at all against the use of libs. Quite the opposite, in fact.

I mean the actual situation and the efficiency of the exhaust.

I told you - the efficiency of econometrics output on forex is measured by the number of links