Ward 6 - page 43

gpwr:

There's something I don't understand. -50 is a drawdown.
- 50 at the moment is not a drawdown. Drawdown can form in this type of trading, when you try to guess the price movement and are wrong. We do not guess the direction of price movement. I have no idea where it will go. I take a shot and forget. What will be the fate of each individual trade: whether it will stay in -40, +30, -20, +55, before it closes - I do not care. Neither profit nor loss on it will not exceed TP and SL. So I will consider it on closing. Hence - no drawdown.

FAQ: Are you talking to me? Do you want me to draw you a chart of trades? So that's five seconds, and then we'll see. on the drawdown in pips.
Waiting-....

FAQ:

Son, think with your head before you write.

Granddaddy is indignant. Hehe. After putting his turkey down in public. I'll even allow myself to post a screenshot:

The reality:

Grandpa's fantasy derived from his homemade turkey run on his car:

hehehe.

Sorry :))) Chill out

Dr.Drain:
- 50 at the moment is not a drawdown. Drawdown can occur in this type of trading, when you try to guess the price movement and get it wrong. We are not guessing the direction of price movement. I have no idea where it will go. I take a shot and forget. What will be the fate of each individual trade: whether it will stay in -40, +30, -20, +55, before it closes - I do not care. Neither profit nor loss on it will not exceed TP and SL. So I will consider it on closing. Hence - no drawdown.

It is a misunderstanding of drawdown. Drawdown is the ratio of equity at the moment to the maximum equity achieved up to that point. So if your equity has decreased even before the closing of the position, it is a drawdown. The trading method based on experiencing deep drawdowns while holding pips, waiting for positive profit, is called sitting.

Dr.Drain:
- 50 at the moment is not a drawdown. Drawdown can occur in this type of trading, when you try to guess the price movement and get it wrong. We are not guessing the direction of price movement. I have no idea where it will go. I take a shot and forget. What will be the fate of each individual trade: whether it will stay in -40, +30, -20, +55, before it closes - I do not care. Neither profit nor loss on it will not exceed TP and SL. So I will consider it on closing. Hence - no drawdown.
Mm-hmm, so no drawdown. Are we talking about the entire portfolio or there are drawdowns on some pairs?

little things :

Dr.Drain:
... Neither the profit nor the loss on it will exceed the TP and SL. So I will take it into account when I close. Hence - no drawdowns.
Don't bullshit, any deflection of the price against the position, whether it is within the stop-loss or not, is a drawdown. It does not matter if you are outperforming at that point or not. The only exception is an option hedge position, where an unfavourable price movement is fully covered by the corresponding call or put option, but even so, the premium for the cover is your ultimate drawdown.

Judging from what the FAQ has published, it's a hell of a place to be. We need to look closely at the deals presented and get him out in the open.

Dr. Drain, why so many pairs? I think it's more difficult to analyse the system itself, as the balance and equity may float for quite a long time and the system may seem stable. I would also like to ask whether this is an Expert Advisor or hands-on trading? If it is an Expert Advisor, could you please post the test over a long period?