The regularities of price movements: Part 2. Series of bars - page 8

FAQ:
Here's a scrap from MyKibo (the predecessor) I dug up. You can use it as a tool for finding series. throw it on the chart, pull the green face - change it to red mouse, pull the control with disk and up arrow to become green. The first variable in settings is number of bars for analysis, the second is max. pattern length (no more than 5).
The face with the disk is not twitching.

Aleksander:
Alexander, what is the point of delaying trading after all?

DmitriyN:
There is no twitching of the muzzle with the disc.

highlight (double-click) and pull down.

DmitriyN:
Alexander, what is the point of delaying trading after all?

one of the options of skipping losing series in trades... in the end it reduces max drawdown and increases overall system profitability...

Aleksander:

one of the options to skip losing series in trades... reduces the max drawdown and increases the overall profitability of the system...

This is beneficial when you know in advance that there is a long series of losing trades, e.g. in case of a random entry with SL shorter than TP. Or am I misunderstanding something?

why not... normal one direction trade for example :-) only sells... on a down trend you're in the sweet spot... up, you cut your losses without any lot manipulation (like martinis)

DmitriyN:

I've changed it all over, I've pulled it...

This should not be the case, check for DLL resolution.

DmitriyN: This is beneficial when you know in advance that there is alongseries of losing trades,e.g. in case of a random entry with SL shorter than TP.Or am I misunderstanding something?

or enter in the samedirection- but once aday - and a small martinito achieve++ and exitthe series untilthe next day... TP 2% of depo SL = 35% of depo...

It's not the percentage of losing trades that matters - it's the number of losing trades in succession... which are not put in the Real - but tracked virtually...

Aleksander:
It's not the percentage of losing trades that counts - it's the number of losing trades in succession...

The distribution of series of losing trades and profitable ones, under the condition that each new position is opened after the previous one, while TP=SL, is the same.
There is no sense in skipping - the amount of losses from skipping will decrease, so will the amount of income from these skips.