The regularities of price movements: Part 1. Price orientation - page 10

There was also an interesting thread on the forum about finding "the line between fitting and real patterns"...

P.S. Pardon me if I'm off-topic in this thread.

Knowing that the trading range tends to narrow more often than it does to widen does not give us anything so far. We still do not know the direction of the inside bars, nor can we know in advance that the next bar will be inside the range of the current one. There is no reason to believe that the narrowing of the range will be followed by a breakout to one side or the other.

C-4:

Tested the results on a normally distributed SB.

Say a few words about the testing methodology. Did you honestly generate a series of bars and then test external/internal, or were the SB numbers just used?

C-4:
Knowing that the trading range tends to narrow more often than to widen does not give us anything yet. We still do not know the direction of internal bars and we also cannot know beforehand that the next bar will be inside the range of the current one. There is no reason to believe that the narrowing of the range will be followed by a breakout to one side or the other.

There are people who actually, and for a long time, have been using range narrowing in trading.

But, that's kind of lyrical. The interesting thing about these experiments is that the following picture emerges. Range narrows at one step, then it narrows again, and then comes back to the previous value in one step. This is if you look at it in general terms. For two constrictions there is one expansion.

Roman.:

P.S. If it's nonsense, don't kick it, don't throw it in a thorn bush...

Not nonsense, I had an owl reworked on it the other day, it's not bad at first glance

poruchik:
Not nonsense, I had an owl reworked on it the other day, it's not bad for 1 look
Yay! :-) Not ready to share the recycled owl with the forum?

Dima, I remembered this thing today - a master candle - 4 candles inside 1

the results are quite favorable

Look at the stats on that one, but there's also a range of p. so 60

Roman.:

Cheers! :-) Not ready to share the recycled owl with the forum people?

Ready, what branch?, and it needs to be refined there

poruchik:
Ready, which branch?

Make up your own mind...

This one won't do? (not kidding). It's just that at least in this branch people have taken posted owls and refinished them...

And in general, it is possible that for such an occasion would not hurt to organize a new branch, the more the topic is interesting.

At my leisure I'll have a look at it myself...

I posted it here:)