learn how to earn money villagers [Episode 2] ! - page 461

Aleksander:
there is a dock file in the archive - and on page 4 there are examples of how to draw lines and how many points between them, etc.

Thanks. I'll have a look too...

Aleksander:

it's an old topic from Trader Neo - I'll find the description and post the text here - it shows How to draw lines - Why dips form (by themselves from the price :))) - And how to roughly what to count...

Thank you.

Лекарь Центозависимых:

If there is any reinvestment, judging by the chart, it is very insignificant, most likely +0.01 lots per every 10,000 deposits. So it almost does not matter in this case.

And that's not all, Yuri, as always, one solid lie and trickery, and you know it.

1st lie. The test period taken is the most convenient to fit. Only one trend since early 2017 and that with good pullbacks, everything else is sideways.

2-lies. "You can add a few more signals from different strategies". With a 77% drawdown on the initial deposit, not much to add, even as it is now, equity is on its last gasp. Plus, as has been proven more than once before, the maximum drawdown report from the tester understates the real value.

3rd lie. Martin does NOT depend on the quality and quantity of signals. You can enter at any point in the market and the probability of going into a hard averaging is the same. If this were not the case and you could get an MO of more than 50%, then you could work successfully with a constant lot and without averaging. But that's why you are trying to do Martin as the MO is always 50% - (minus) the trading costs in the form of commission and spread.

But Yuri likes to drive monkeys around, sitting in retirement, and there's nothing to be done about it, he really wants to amuse his ego, at least by blowing dust in the eyes of newbies.

Now is the time to respond to this post as well. Time to pick up the stones thrown at me).

Yes, there is reinvestment. How many times the current balance is greater than the initial depo, how many times the starting lot of the series is greater than the initial starting lot. Therefore, the same value of the maximal drawdown in points that occurred at the end of the testing range in quid will be larger than at the beginning of testing by the number of times the deposit has increased. But you take the maximal drawdown that occurred at the end of the range and relate it to the value of the initial deposit. This is fundamentally wrong.

1) First of all, I didn't choose the test period, the period is determined by the quotes availability. Quotes start from 27.04.2016. I posted the test from that date as well. Secondly, there is no fit. The fitting is a result of the optimizer. And I don't use the optimizer. The latest version of the EA has signals for 8 strategies. Optimization by ticks on my not the fastest laptop by 8 strategies would take too much time, I might not live to see the end).

2) I already wrote that for EAs with reinvestment we should evaluate relative drawdown values. Relating the maximal drawdown to the initial deposit for such EAs is wrong. The maximal drawdown in the tester is not underestimated if testing is performed on ticks. If you think like that, any reinvested EA, including non-martingale ones, must fail, if the maximal drawdown is more than the initial deposit.

Here (see below) are the test results of the last variant of the EA. I added 7 signals to the initial variant. The deposit has increased 18.75 times during testing. Relative drawdown has gone down. There is no loss at all, despite quite a large number of trades and half of the initial deposit. So, it should be clear to everyone who is lying.

3) The stable operation of the Expert Advisor depends on the quality of the signal. It does not depend on whether the Expert Advisor is with or without martingale. Everyone knows this except you.

But Yuri likes to push the monkeys while sitting in retirement and nothing can be done about it. He really wants to please his ego at least by throwing dust in the eyes of beginners.

Yes, you are better at discussing and judging the author, you excel at that, here you are, as they say, on a roll.

Test from May 2016.

Replaced one strategy with a more profitable one. There is still room for improvement by replacing some of the less profitable strategies. There are 3 more of these.

Test from 02.05.2016 to 19.08.2020.

khorosh:

Replaced one strategy with a more profitable one. There is still room for improvement by replacing some of the less profitable strategies. There are 3 more of these.

Test from 02.05.2016 to 19.08.2020.

Still, it is interesting to see equity WITHOUT reinvestment. Make the initial deposit bigger, so that growth doesn't affect the profit/loss percentage to deposit. This way you can estimate the entire equity curve for all time, not just the last trades as with reinvestment.

Dmi3:

Still, it is interesting to look at equity WITHOUT reinvestment. Make a larger initial deposit so that growth does not affect profit/loss percentage to the deposit. This allows you to evaluate the entire equity curve for the entire time, not only for the last trades as in the case of reinvestment.

Not to feel the drawdown ;)))

Renat Akhtyamov:

not to feel the drawdown ;)))

Drawdown will always be reported in absolute numbers. It is not difficult to compare it with absolute profit figures.

Dmi3:

The drawdown will always be reported in absolute numbers. It is not difficult to compare it with absolute profit figures.

I have no reason to test the Expert Advisor in cloaked mode, as you cannot understand. And what will it give you. It is better to do your own development, it will be more useful.

khorosh:

I have no reason to test the EA in cloaked mode, as you cannot understand. And what good it will do you. You'd better do your own development, it will be more useful.

No, you won't. Don't worry about me ;)

Ran a crash test of sorts. I tripled the starting lot to do so. The crash did not happen. The Expert Advisor successfully worked with such a high load on the deposit. Test from 02.05.2016 .