Visual Studio Professional 2010 (English) - page 4

DmitriyN:
A lot has changed in 20 years. And it is very strange that nothing has changed at all in any field.
If professional programmers have no understanding of what needs to be changed, where will politicians get it from?

Nonsense, the basics are the basics. how did you learn to read/write without learning the old and ineffective alphabet ????

FAQ:

Let's go backwards. How many years do you think Pascal should NOW be taught in schools? Forever? Or, will something have to change? If so, when?
In 50-100-200-400 years? Sorry, it's martin :) Softer, (by Fibonacci numbers) - 21, 34, 55, 89 years.

Could it be done now? Isn't it time already?

I wonder how long it would take you personally to write the Pascal programming language?

What would it take to write pascal, or HOW to write pascal?

ZS. I started with MK34 :))

FAQ:

to write pascal, or ON pascal ?

To write a Pascal programming language (again), not a Pascal programme.

The choice of Pascal is not accidental and is quite justified. It is a very simple and logical language. Olympiad by the way, and justifiably so too.

DmitriyN:
Write a Pascal programming language, not a Pascal programme.

I haven't asked myself that question, and I haven't set any such goals for myself.

A counter question, what would YOU suggest in this situation (with learning programming languages in secondary school), how would you like to do?

The easiest way to criticise is to write a Pascal programming language.

FAQ:

I didn't ask myself that question, and I didn't set myself any such goals.
A counter question, what would YOU propose in this situation (with learning programming languages in secondary school), how would you like it?
Criticism is the easiest thing to do.

You don't have to invent anything, everything is already there, for example - Visual Basic. However, for a school, it must be simplified to the limit, leave the very thing I wrote above - the basics.
I would call its simplified version Visual Basic school. A more complex version could be used in colleges.

So do it :)

ZS. there's also VBA :))

FAQ:

2) A rigid separation of functions and procedures, again understanding the procedural nature of languages.

Yep... the difference between void f(); and int f(); is by far the most important thing in a programming language ))
FAQ:

But cramming such languages into young SI brains in a short course seems rather problematic to me.

I learned C myself at school, for non-commercial use )) was enough.
FAQ:

6) Go to the branch of newcomers, and ask if any of them have learned Pascal? I guarantee that they have not, otherwise they would not be asking these questions.

You'd think BASIC would be worse in terms of learning.

jartmailru:
You'd think Basic was worse in terms of learning.
It has a perspective - practical application of knowledge, at least - in Office. Pascal has one perspective - Delphi, i.e. none.