Visual Studio Professional 2010 (English) - page 3

more:

Can anyone suggest how to "purchase" this product for free.

I've already run out of options to renew my trial, I'm stuck on projects...

and I don't want to pay 600-700 quid, it's more than my monthly income...

If the question is still relevant... I have a Russian version of 2010 (complete) and it's been running for more than half a year without any problems. At the time I downloaded the ISO and burned the installation disk. ButI lost the ISO filesomewhere. If you are satisfied with the russian version and tell me how to make a transferable installation package from the disk, I'll send you a copy.

IgorM:
the paradox is quite different: it is 2012, and they are teaching what was popular 20 years ago, especially under dOS.

and the task of teaching is to teach algorithms.

many schoolchildren can't even do that.

If you have learned it, then there is no problem moving on to different syntaxes.

By the way, Pascal is an OOP language. It is very suitable for learning all constructions.

more:

Can anyone suggest how to "purchase" this product for free.

I've already run out of options for renewing the trial, projects are hanging up...

I don't want to pay 600-700 quid, it's more than my monthly income...

I seem to have some but at home. If you can wait until tonight then.

I've got this software so I don't even need to install it. But it weighs a lot.

So if it's still relevant, please contact me. I'll send it to you in the evening

sergeev:

and the task of teaching is to teach algorithms.
many schoolchildren can't even do that.
If you learn it, then there is no problem moving on to different syntaxes.
Pascal, by the way, is an OOP language. It is very suitable for learning all the constructs.

The task of teaching is to teach what the teacher can teach.)
By the way, it's better to learn C-like languages - it's easier to escape to C++, Java, C#.
Pascal is nevertheless not mainstream.

jartmailru:

The task of teaching is to teach what the teacher can teach ))

sophistry :)

By the way, it's better to learn C-like languages - it's easier to escape to C++, Java, C#.

Pascal is not mainstream after all.

but borland were the first to tread this very path.
Pascal is also better in terms of brain order. Stricter than C.

sergeev:
Agree, in 20 years something new could have been invented with a programming language in the field of education. And this is the situation not only in computer science, but in everything else.

DmitriyN:
Agree, in 20 years something new could have been invented with a programming language in education.

:) childhood is when the cat is older than you.

Do you know how old OOP is? And how old is Unix, Windows ? The basic technologies do not change.

Pascal 7.0 is good enough for learning algorithms at school. Just as pure HTML is enough for them to understand the web.

There is no way that you can learn new editors, frameworks, class libraries, etc. in the school program.
There will be no time left for arrays, recursion, data organization and learning interesting and basic algorithms.

PS.
Is it the purpose of the computer science olympiad to show who has a more advanced compiler?

sergeev:

But the Boorlands were the first to tread this very path.

Three pennies for the truth.

They weren't. The first was C on the CM-1420 (PDP-11) under the RW OS.

Distributed for free with a huge library, by the way.

Not at all, Pascal can be said to be the perfect solution :

1) the language is rigidly typed, which gives an understanding of the basic types of variables and constants.

2) The same rigid separation of functions and procedures, again understanding the procedural nature of languages.

3) Separation of input and output types, giving an initial level of understanding of the unified interface (console)

4) Quite efficient (although outdated by today's standards) built-in procedures and functions - with a minimum of code allows for visible console actions (drawing, writing to a file, printing)

5) Basic understanding of OOP (not a great description, but still).

6) Go to a branch of newbies, and ask - have any of them learned Pascal? I guarantee that no, otherwise they would not ask these questions.

But cramming SI-like languages into young brains in a short course seems rather problematic to me.

A lot has changed in 20 years. And it is very strange that nothing has changed at all in any field.
If professional programmers have no understanding of what needs to be changed, where will politicians get it from?