Optimal moving average - page 2

panzernik:
Buy cheaper, sell higher. And vice versa. I don't understand where you're going with this - just say it straight, don't spell it out.

He asks, though... there are 2 options here...

1 -How to determine the period of the swing arm to trade... on the trend.

2 - how to calculate two wave periods to trade on a flat (reverse signal).

jelizavettka:
Lazanka, and in the sine wave, which is more of a trend or a flat?

DmitriyN:

The phrase "Buy low, sell high" has a sacred meaning. Cheaper than, what? More expensive than what?
And if you don't spell it out, it doesn't make sense at all.
I resign, sorry I rambled on.

Cheaper than what? More expensive than what?
Well, we only have one parameter - price?

There is a chapter in the Forex textbook on averages.
It says that in order to trade by MA, we should select the optimal one that acts as support during falling and resistance during rising. Are there any attempts to automate this process?

panzernik:
Cheaper than, what? More expensive than what?
Well, we only have one parameter - price?

In the Forex textbook there is a chapter on averages.
It says that in order to trade by MA, we should choose the optimum one that acts as support during falling and resistance during rising. Are there any attempts to automate this process?

Optimal is 120.

panzernik:
There is a chapter in the Forex textbook on averages.
It says that in order to trade on the MA, you have to pick the optimum one, which acts as support when it falls and resistance when it rises. Are there any attempts to automate this process?
Screw all those manuals. Averages do not relate to supports, or rather they do, but they are "distorted". The optimum average exists only in the "post factum" style.

paukas:

The optimum is 120

And the exit conditions? :)

tara:

And the exit conditions? :)
Always!

DmitriyN:
Put all these textbooks in the furnace. Averages have nothing to do with supports, or rather they do - but "distorted". The optimum average exists only in an "after-the-fact" style.

For the section in the rectangle - the optimal one is the thick red one.
For the whole graph, it is one of a rainbow of averages.
That's right, the average changes all the time.
What is the algorithm, for example, for the optimum for the last 100 givens, albeit post factum?

DmitriyN:
Lazanka, and in the sine wave, which is more of a trend or a flat?
Dimochka, I don't know in what units you measure trend/flit..... and what more means... and in general, what do you understand by the words trend/flit - a big request for definitions.

I will try to answer - the same.

jelizavettka:
Lizanka, what the hell are the indicators? We have a price and that's enough. Where should we place orders if SL=TP? At each level?
There are three levels for the sine wave: -1, 0 and 1. What is the principle of order placement?