MQL4 vs MQL5 - page 4

Renat:

From the bottom up, there is no compatibility.

We have given a lot of thought and taken a serious step, taking it to a whole new level of functionality. And it is now absolutely clear that the decision was very right and timely.

We now have both MT4 with a gigantic market share and a new solution for wider markets. A couple more years of development at the same pace will lead to a great result.

Omen Alla!

Renat:

By the way, open the MT5 demo on the MetaQuotes-Demo server (just add a server with that name in the server selection window when opening an account) and enable the GBOT instruments subsection - you will see a direct price feed from this exchange, including tumblers.

We have received permission to broadcast real streams from this exchange. Hopefully soon we will announce the brokers who enabled trading on GBOT via MT5.

p.s. Of the three empty instruments, USDUSD is particularly striking with a rate of 1.00000 and an empty chart.

C-4:

p.s. Of the three empty instruments, the USDUSD with 1.00000 and an empty chart is particularly striking.

It's so nice not to notice the normal list, and you have to find something special. Some of the conversion symbols they have are used for internal calculations.

Here is a normal and honest screen - currency futures:

Pardon me, I figured it out. It's simpler, you should have highlighted the GBOT icon and I highlighted Conversion.

Upgr glasses are empty, I think I've looked at all the green ones.

If all the DCs switch to MT5, I will definitely give up trading. (Don't correct it here).

Take a look at the speed comparison of C++, MQL4 and MQL5: https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/138805/page11#618767

MQL5 is 10 times faster than MQL4 in this test.

Well, I'm telling you, you're talking like a techie. This is not the speed you need in a real market. If, say, people are interested in HF to unfiltered data, where do you have it? You'd better show the pings and delays compared to other platforms, in the same place. Another point, if people are interested in portfolios, again, where do you have it? You can't put together a portfolio and manage it with an easy move of your hand. You cannot normally test it either. No need to write your own software for it every time, there's enough that is written for the old platforms, what's the point of switching to a new one if there is nothing great there.

HideYourRichess:
I'm telling you, you're talking like a techie. That's not the speed you need in a real market. If, say, people are interested in HF to unfiltered data, where do you have it? You'd better show the pings and delays compared to other platforms, in the same place. Another point, if people are interested in portfolios, again, where do you have it? You can't put together a portfolio and manage it with an easy move of your hand. You cannot normally test it either. No need to write your own software for it every time, there's enough that is written for the old platforms, what's the point of switching to a new one if there's nothing great there.

So writing language 10 times faster is a "trivial technical matter"?

Build and manage a portfolio - a couple of days for an ordinary programmer. And just a fast and fully functional language helps to do it as quickly as possible. All you need is to write a portfolio management class. The number of features in MQL5 is so large that the documentation already weighs more than 3 000 pages.

I'm sure you know enough about pings - they are almost completely determined by the network speed in different segments and depend very little on the software. The only solution is to place the robot as close to the server as possible.

For our part, in the next 2 builds we will enable asynchronous trade requests from MQL5. This will allow us to instantly send dozens of orders with zero delay and get asynchronous replies. This mode will be very appealing to HFT traders and scalpers, especially when working on exchanges.

Renat:

So, writing a language 10 times faster is a "technical trifle"?

I wish there was an understanding. I at least understand the technical advances you have in your new terminal. No one in their right mind can deny them. This is great, and the programmer in me applauds. But the trader scratches his head and wonders what the result will be. And the programmer scratches his head and wonders what will be the result? Moreover, surely it is not the latest version of the terminal (and a server, probably), and there are some things that are not yet implemented in todo.

Renat:

It takes an ordinary programmer a couple of days to put together a portfolio and manage it. And just a fast and fully functional language helps to do it as quickly as possible. All you need is to write a class for managing the portfolio. The number of features in MQL5 is so large that the documentation already weighs more than 3 000 pages.

I don't need documentation, and I don't need to study classes. I just want to sit down. The Portfolios window is open. Select one of the portfolios. Gather there instruments, perhaps from different "exchanges". Attach a strategy to each instrument. Select a different time frame for each tool. Start the portfolio. Stop the portfolio. Or an easier variant. Type in the portfolio and buy it with one button. And sell it with the same button. For example. The same applies to testing.

As for management of clients' accounts, it's not clear here.

Renat:

I'm sure you know enough about pings - they are almost completely determined by the network speed in different segments and depend very little on the software. The only solution is to place the robot as close to the server as possible.

For our part, in the next 2 builds we will enable asynchronous trade requests from MQL5. This will allow us to instantly send dozens of orders with zero delay and get asynchronous replies. This mode will be very appealing to HFT traders and scalpers, especially when working on exchanges.

Well, asynchronous, it is probably interesting, we should look. Even if it's not HF, it's still important to send requests at the same time, not one at a time.

The question is about other delays. How does a request go to the exchange? Does it go directly or is it first processed somewhere on your servers and then goes to the exchange server? It is clear that there are orders provided by a broker but not supported by the exchange itself; these orders are usually emulated on the broker's servers. It is clear, it is always slower. But, it is interesting to know about delays in orders which can and should be executed on the exchange's server. In general, I wonder if the orders go anywhere beyond your server or not.