Downloading tick data

There is a software program that reads tick data from a website: Dukascopy

I am attaching the software.

However, downloading tick data from the website or using the above program is extremely slow or does not happen at all due to errors/overloading of the website.

Please advise if there are other options for downloading the ready tick data ?!

Files:
dukascopier.zip  22 kb

Those who can give good advice are not looking for an easy way out! :)))

A quote from DukasCopy is not the worst option.

I join, the online supplier of ticks from ducas is exciting to the point of trembling in the knees. we want, oh how we want..... but someone probably has such a software on hand, but the greed will not allow to share it... it is either to order it or to write it yourself. I've looked for it myself and haven't found even a hint on well-designed bridges, neither in terms of redirecting ticks online with paging, nor in terms of connecting terminal with mathematical packets.

• Dukascopy - uploads ticks by itself, then access to ticks via JForex API.
  • FXCM - requests tick history via Order2Go API.
  • Integral - from the website.

What is the tick history for? Depending on the source, the results of the tick history run are very different. This is the case for tick strategies. For other TC, the tick history is not necessary.

hrenfx:

What is the tick history for? Depending on the source, the results of the tick history run are very different. This is the case for tick strategies. For other strategies, the tick history is not necessary.

The application presented by the topic-starter (for me) works fine. It needs a script to create a bonus history in *.csv format.

In general - it is an alternative to metaquote history from a real market player. Of course, testing your strategy on "someone else's" history is not only pointless, but also unsafe - the result of testing (optimization) will be INCREDIBLE!

hrenfx:

What is the tick history for? Depending on the source, the results of the tick history run are very different. This is the case for tick strategies. For other TS, a tick history is not necessary.

For other forex traders, tick history is not necessary. it depends on whom. if minuta had at least also stored their Asks, it would be ok. but what about ticks, even floating spreads cannot be seen in history. and this affects the profitability

https://forum.mql4.com/ru/22251/page7

LEOK:

There is a software program that reads tick data from a website: Dukascopy

I am attaching the software.

However, downloading tick data from the website or using the above program is extremely slow or does not happen at all due to errors/overloading of the website.

Please advise if there are other options for downloading the ready tick data ?!

The best way to get a tick history yourself is to write it - you can't go wrong...

Freud:

If they at least stored the Ask history, then it would be all right.

So long ago there are solutions on MT4 for thinking people, where not only Ask-history is available, but even Avg-history is available.

Moreover, the prices are still the best - see the green bar here. If they do not have the best prices, let alone the best execution, is it worth mixing it up with brokers that do not even offer their own Ask history?

For example, they do not have the best prices, not to mention executions.

hrenfx:

So long ago there are solutions on MT4 for thinking people, where not only Ask-history is available, but even Avg-history is available.

Moreover, the prices are still the best - see the green bar here. If you do not have the best prices and the brokerage services, you simply do not want to trade with those brokers who do not provide you with the best Ask history.

Trading on transparent market conditions, especially now there is everything for it.

Trading is not the issue, you may trade in one place and perform analysis in another.

As for the symbols, they may be different, but i don't think that they have better performance.

But people usually choose MT first because of its popularity and advertising, they learn the language, and at best only then they see the disadvantages, but time is already lost, while learning other programming languages after a disappointment takes a lot of effort and time.

I told you, there are ready-made solutions in MT4 from broker's side (which also has better prices, so it's more profitable to trade there than elsewhere), where you can request tick history directly from MQL4 via ready-made DLL. Moreover, if the DLL does not fit, then Ask and Avg minute history is available via standard MQL4 tools.

How much better.

what is the Avg Minute History? - is it the average price between ticks per minute?is there a ready-made solution in MT4 itself from the broker side - what kind of broker is it? (the one on the link?)

i have to check it, it looks like a lot of bait. has he withdrawn money from there or not? and how much? it looks like a gastronomy shop.

it looks like a kitchen. in duCas, by the way, there is even a choice of how to collect ticks - both in bars by time, and by number of ticks, and so on and so forth....