[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 344

Roman.:
Weak?

I need to: "manually open positions only from e.g. 15.30 to 23.00", in other words, to block the terminal completely, not to allow the user to press the "new order" button by blocking it or by other methods forbid the user, not the program, but the live user to open transactions at an "off" time. I couldn't find it with a search, that's why I'm asking here.

I am asking about restrictions for a user in general, for example, if not by time, but by drawdown, for example, if from 9 am today the account has decreased by 5%, then do not allow a person to open new positions at all until the next day. How many searches for such programmes have not been carried out yet. (((

I used to trade only on forex, not very successfully either manually or with Expert Advisor, and recently I got interested in American stock market, where risk management is a usual thing and no broker has ever heard of such services on forex, which is not good for beginners. Now I try to do for MT4 the same risk limits as usual for fund of normal brokers. I hope for your help, it will be useful for many!

Qven:
I need to: "manually open positions only from e.g. 15.30 to 23.00", in other words, to block the terminal completely, not to allow the user to press the "new order" button by blocking it or by other methods forbid the user, not the program, but the live user to open transactions at an "off" time. I couldn't find it with a search, that's why I'm asking here.
I see, it's more serious than that...

Roman.:

Diman, you've raised so much dough, it's about time you got yourself a separate cam!!! :-)

Have you thought about it?

Reboot your computer... Restart "Profile" in the terminal...

Thank you!!!

Good evening all! Could you please tell me how this date datetime some_time=D'2004.03.21 12:00'; updated every day! e.g. D '2004.03.21 12:00'; D'2004.03.22 12:00'; D'2004.03.23 12:00'; within five days, i.e. working week! if not tell me which function can do this!

lowech:

Good evening all! Could you please suggest how this date datetime some_time=D'2004.03.21 12:00'; updated every day! e.g. D '2004.03.21 12:00'; D'2004.03.22 12:00'; D'2004.03.23 12:00'; within five days, that is, a week! if no suggest which function can do this!

https://docs.mql4.com/ru/dateandtime/DayOfWeek

Qven:

I understand that you want to impose a trading restriction on yourself so that you don't lose your temper and enter the market in a fit of emotion. As an option, you can make an EA that simply writes about the trading ban in big red letters all over the chart.

Hello. When I try to open a script or expert, an editor opens with text, but only the scroll line works. I can't edit or create a new one and all the buttons are inactive. Can you give me a hint?

werdna:
Hello. When I try to open a script or expert, an editor opens with text, but only the scroll line works. I can't edit or create a new one and all the buttons are inactive. Can you give me a hint?

Open from a normal location. you have write protection.

paladin80:
As I understand it, you want to put a trading restriction on yourself so that you don't fall off and enter the market in a fit of emotion. If you want to make an EA that simply writes in big red letters on the entire chart about the prohibition of trading, you can do so.
If I want to put a restriction for myself, at Fund (I don't trade there because I don't want to give a commission to broker) the broker himself limits the risks, if in the morning the drawdown is more than 3% the account is just blocked, I also want to do the same at MT4 because I can't find a broker that offers such service at forex. If I'm wrong about the text - it's not a solution because I know that after reloading the terminal the text, as well as a picture in the size of the terminal window (I thought about an option to just make the picture full screen so you can't click anything in the terminal because of it) will be deleted as any graphical object when unloading the EA (((. Please tell me, is it even theoretically possible to program this? I've been working on this problem for a week now, but no way (. I would be very grateful for help!

Is everyone here from (insta forex) or everyone who wants to and from where they want to ???