[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 317

skyjet:
If I have done everything correctly, the variables have 0 all the time. And there are no arrows during visualization, but as soon as I press Stop - they appear, both Up and Down.

What is the value of the variable "SignalBar" and is the indicator calculated on this bar?

Perhaps SignalBar=0 and the indicator does not calculate the 0th bar.

Yes, during visual testing the indicator buffers are not displayed until the testing is completed or interrupted. But indicators are counted.

silhouette:
there are 6 types of timeline scale in Metatrader. Is there a function that returns the scale number?
There is no function, but it can be made in MQL4 + WinAPI.

Good afternoon, dear forum members.

Last week I decided to try trading on forex (in demo mode so far).

Can you please tell me which Expert Advisor is better to use for automatic trading.

I put a MA-SIFT on EURUSD at H1 timeframe, but it hasn't done a single trade in three days.

ulaman81:

Good afternoon, dear forum members.

Last week I decided to try trading on forex (in demo mode so far).

Can you please tell me which Expert Advisor is better to use for automatic trading.

I put a MA-SIFT on EURUSD at H1 timeframe, but it hasn't done a single trade in three days.

"All works are good - take your pick!"

All questions to the authors of these expos.

how should I specify the condition so that the order opens if the bar has touched the target?

p.s. It didn't close above it or cross it, but just at the first touch.

okvseok:

how should I specify the condition so that the order opens if the bar has touched the target?

p.s. Didn't close above it or cross it, but just at the first touch.

And what if there was a price jump and the price jumped over the target? That has to be taken into account as well.

The logic is simple - look at the current price and the target price. Suppose the target is now higher and the price is lower. We store the current price in the variable. If on the next tick the situation occurs when the current price is higher or equal to the target price and the price that was stored in the previous tick (registered in the variable) is lower than the target price, then the target price has been touched (or jumped).

okvseok:

p.s. It didn't close above it or cross it, but just at the first touch.

but it may also immediately cross it without touching it - for example, the target is 1.5000, and the price was 1.4996, and on the next tick it hit 1.5002. Does that count as a touch?

okvseok:
Only you will need to tell the EA explicitly which touch from where to where it is capturing. Because a top-down touch and a bottom-up touch are different touches.

drknn:
Only you will need to tell the EA explicitly which touch from where to where it is capturing. Because a top-down touch and a bottom-up touch are different touches.
ok, thank you.)

Please help. Since yesterday, more precisely since 22:59 the charts have stopped and there are still no updates and the rate is still hanging there since yesterday without any changes. I have already reinstalled everything. I don't know where to click to get the exchange rate back to real time.