[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 196

Good afternoon,

How does OrderModify work?
It did not work:

OrderModify(0,0,Bid-20*Point,0,0,0);

I just need to move StopLoss. Error 4051.

Thank you!

olis:

Good afternoon,

It did not work:

Thank you!

Are there no experts at the codebase so you can just pluck the right code from there?

7777877:

Good afternoon. Here's a question. InMQL4S.K.book, in "GlobalVariables" chapter in "Properties of GV Variables" section it says: "A GV variable can only have type double". Below, in "GlobalVariableDel() function" section, there is an example of expert globalvar.mq4 with the following content:

Question: why are theExpert and New_Expertglobal variables ofint type in this example , even though, as stated earlier, these variables should be ofdouble type ?

Thank you in advance for your answer

It's not "must be of type double", but "stored in a global variable as double". Feel the difference)

sergeev:

Are there no experts at the codebase so that you can just pluck the right code from there?

there is:

So, how do I, a newbie, figure it out?

olis:

here it is:

So how does a non beginner figure it out?

That's a real bummer. It's all bullshit.

Throw it away. look for a good one.

olis:

Good afternoon,

It didn't work:

Thanks a lot!

Textbook - what is it? Do you mind looking here - f - iya trawl (marginal)?

Where are the checks on the maximum permissible mod ifiableconditions ?

Repeated question again.

It is possible to run historical data through buffers. I don't need THIS!!!!!!!! I've ALREADY done it, no question.... or rather bullshit question....):

I want to RUN the drawn indicator line through history.

ObjectCreate(name,OBJ_LABEL,0,0,0);

I.e. the question is, CAN I add or subtract from iBarsShift value of indicator by history.

I have a date in global variables, for example

expert stiang Data = "02.01.2009  01.00";

According to the date ( "02.01.2009 01.00" ) the HORIZONTAL line of the indicator is set. I can change the date, but I have to CHANGE it MANUALLY in global variables.

Therefore, I asked HOW and if in general, just using key combination, to activate date change????? I thought to add values to iBarsShift.

And how to write the key combination into the indicator. In MT5 I know it is possible. I am asking about MT4.

I do not understand. The reasoning is as follows. We have the following string

Experts=GlobalVariableGet(Quantity);         // Получим тек. знач.

The GlobalVariableGet(Quantity) function returns a value of type double. The variable Expert has the value int. Then, according to the typecasting rule, the value of expression to the right of the operation sign (in our case it is equal sign) will be cast to the variable type to the left of the operation sign. In this case Expert variable will have int type, as before. But in the line

GlobalVariableSet(Quantity, Experts)
We have GlobalVariableSet(Quantity, Experts) function, in which 2nd parameter (i.e. Expert variable) must have (by definition) type double, but our Expert variable has int type... Is there a typecasting rule (or something similar) inside the FUNCTIONS?

Is it possible (and if so, with which functions) to implement a response to a user pressing a key in a program?