[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 338

Good afternoon, I have a question about optimization of EA parameters, instead of results I get a blank page and the following entry in the logbook:

2012.08.19 23:37:37 There were 65 passes done during optimization, 65 results have been discarded as insignificant - can MetaTrader decide if the results are important or not?

Good day to you all. Here is a question. Does MQL4 allow setting a hotkey, for example, for opening an order?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Gek34:

Good day to you all. Here is a question. Does MQL4 allow setting a hotkey, for example, for opening an order?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

You can make a script and attach a key to it

Vinin:

You can make a script and bind the key to it

Can't you do it programmatically in an EA?

skyjet:

Good afternoon, I have a question about optimization of EA parameters, instead of results I get a blank page and the following entry in the logbook:

2012.08.19 23:37:37 There were 65 passes done during optimization, 65 results have been discarded as insignificant - can MetaTrader decide if the results are important or not?

As you can see it can. If profit is negative with some combination of parameters, this result will not be reported in the journal. If there were a plus of even 1 cent, there would be a result in the log.

Another question.

double LL2=ObjectGet("S1 line",OBJPROP_PRICE1);
double L2=NormalizeDouble(LL2,Digits);

if (ObjectFind("S1 line")==0&&FindLastPrice(OP_SELLLIMIT)!=L2)ModSell(L2,MagicNumber);

In owl the following code, Problem: every tick tries to modify Although after modification the order is already on the line (message appears in the Experts tab) Nothing is written in the log

If there is silence in the journal, does the owl send a request to the server? Won't the broker be offended?

Gek34:

Can't you do it programmatically in an EA?

Of course you can.

Vinin:

Of course I can.

Can you give me a link to a similar example or maybe there is a ready-made (example) ?

Regards Gek.

Gek34:

Can you give me a link to a similar example or maybe there is a ready-made example?

Regards Gek.

I used to make a calculator. It has key handling, but it's a digital one. But it doesn't make much difference

Vinin:

I used to make a calculator back in the day. It has key processing, but it's digital. But it doesn't make much difference.

Thank you very much I will take it apart. And the second question, can you tell me about the 3 posts above?