[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 330

YOUNGA:
have you opened ex4?
Yes. Right! Didn't notice.

I always open with the metaeditor. Mostly indicators, owls, etc. open without any problems. But sometimes I run into this problem.

Zhunko:
Yeah. Right! I hadn't noticed.

Didn't notice the "dub"? OK (emo). better explain how to do it, for future reference

Ale-xander:

Didn't notice the "dub"? ok (emo). better explain how to do it, for the future

No way, compiled files are not opened by meta-editor. You need the source code in .mq4 file

FAQ:

No way, compiled files are not opened by the meta-editor. I need the source code in .mq4 file
Thank you. Often the forums suggest uncompiled files, what for?

Ale-xander:
Often the forums offer uncompiled files, for what purpose?
For you.

sergeev:
For you.

Moderator?

well done

Hello! Please help me with Trailing Stop from standard EA - Macd Sample.

I used to use Ask to buy and Bid to sell. But in the TS part of Macd Sample's code Ask & Bid are used vice versa. What is the reason?

if(TrailingStop>0)    // BUY
              {                 
               if(Bid-OrderOpenPrice()>Point*TrailingStop)
                 {
                  if(OrderStopLoss()<Bid-Point*TrailingStop)
                    {
                     OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),Bid-Point*TrailingStop,OrderTakeProfit(),0,Green);
                     return(0);

if(TrailingStop>0)    // SELL
              {                 
               if((OrderOpenPrice()-Ask)>(Point*TrailingStop))
                 {
                  if((OrderStopLoss()>(Ask+Point*TrailingStop)) || (OrderStopLoss()==0))
                    {
                     OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),Ask+Point*TrailingStop,OrderTakeProfit(),0,Red);
                     return(0);

Ale-xander:

Didn't notice the "dub"? ok (emo). better explain how to do it, for the future

I didn't notice the EX4 header. This file is the result of compiling MQ4 files.

You don't need to do anything. Everything is fine. In EX4 this is how it should be. The meta-editor is made to work with MQH or MQ4 files.

Hi all!

Such a problem: I can't log in to my real account from another computer, although it was no problem on the demo account. How do I fix it?