OPTIMISATION as the basis of a trading system. - page 5

4x-online: In this case it is just a matter of investigating the ability to predict on the fluctuating EA parameter(s). And as for the differences, that's all understandable, but if you take the question so literally, then you don't need a tester with optimisation either. And there is no point in trading on the real account. :)
Well, that's up to you ))))

Mathemat:

About robots, but _
The problem is that robots are not made by robots, but by people, people also run the robots, people also monitor their work. And sometimes (or rather, often) people interfere with their work. And then there are all sorts of factors that also depend on people. Therefore, "psychology ... ophthalmology ... gynecology" has a lot to do with it. You can easily lose your deposit if you have a good robot. A good robot is not enough. You cannot ignore the human factor. But it is impossible to take it into account as a whole.

I have never seen Expert Advisors with relatively perfect growing straight lines of funds/balance over a long period of history. I draw my conclusion based on this.
By stability I mean making the same size profit every month (plus/minus 3-5%). So far I have not seen anything like that.

DmitriyN:

About robots, but _
The problem is that robots are not made by robots, but by people, people also run the robots, people also monitor their work. And sometimes (or rather often) people interfere with their work. And then there are all sorts of factors that also depend on people. Therefore, "psychology ... ophthalmology ... gynecology" has a lot to do with it. You can easily lose your deposit if you have a good robot. A good robot is not enough. You cannot ignore the human factor. But it is impossible to take it into account as a whole.

I have never seen Expert Advisors with relatively ideal growing straight lines of funds/balance over a long period of history. I draw my conclusion based on this.
By stability I mean making the same size profit every month (plus/minus 3-5%). So far I have not seen anything like that.

So if your robot earns 25% to 40% per month, then by your logic it should be considered unstable?

alsu:
In other words, if your robot earns 25-40 per cent per month, then according to your logic it should be considered unstable?

Of course it's unstable.

If he earns 20% on paydays and paychecks + a bonus every quarter, then he will be stable and can even be allowed to drink beer with other robots when he's not trading.

alsu:
So if your robot earns 25 to 40 per cent a month, then by your logic it should be considered unstable?
I haven't seen any such robots that would work on a demo or in real time for a long time. Although, I've got robots that earn such (and even higher) percentages in tester without looking into the trading history. But that's not what I'm talking about.

Theoretically, in your case if we want 2% a month from advisor, then advisor giving 25-40% a month may well be considered as stable, but if we want 30% a month, then what kind of stability could we talk about?
So, a lot depends on financial ambition (greed).

Reshetov: If he brings in 20% on paydays and paychecks + a bonus every quarter

Why, did they write robots that bring it home? )))

Interesting topic, I'll have to post one of my self-optimising EAs.

LeoV:
You have to keep in mind that a tester is one thing, a demo is another and the real is a whole separate story....)))) The gap between the tester and the real, and even more so the real above 100k is huge ))))

I want to know the answer to this question for a long time but for some reason nobody can explain it although everybody is sure that the difference between demo and real is huge. I can understand the difference between a tester and a real one. But what is the difference between real and demo? Maybe you can explain?

AlexeyFX:
I have wanted to know the answer to this question for a long time, for some reason no one can explain it, although everyone is sure that the difference between a demo and a real one is enormous. I can understand the difference between a tester and a real one. But what is the difference between the demo and the real? Maybe you can explain?
Of course, Alexey, you have found a place to ask a "neuro-grandmother" about such things. My personal opinion is that the "human factor" is to blame, both on this side and on the "other side", to make a long story short.

AlexeyFX:

I have long wanted to know the answer to this question, for some reason no one can explain it, although everyone is convinced that the difference between demo and real is enormous. I can understand the difference between a 1. tester and a real one. But what is the difference between a 2. demo and a real account? Maybe you can explain?
3. There is also a difference between real and public real.