OPTIMISATION as the basis of a trading system. - page 6

AlexeyFX:

But what is the difference between a demo and a real one? Maybe you can explain?

Take the quotes of both and find the differences. It is not difficult. It is better to see once than hear a hundred times.

Plus the time and opportunities for order execution on the real account are also different from the demo ones, and not for the better.

This is more than enough to stop you from asking others.

AlexeyFX: I have wanted to know the answer to this question for a long time, for some reason no one can explain it, although everyone is sure that the difference between a demo and a real one is enormous. I can understand the difference between a tester and a real one. But what is the difference between the demo and the real? Maybe you can explain?

The demo differs from the real by the execution time and slippage.

Reshetov:

Take the quotes of both and find the differences.

Looked for them many times. If I had found them, I would not have asked.

Plus the timing and possibilities to execute orders on the real, also differ from the demo far from the best.

I have not noticed such differences either. Both on demo and real account the order execution takes a fraction of a second.

In any case for normal brokers it is so. The more so because the more so because the more so because the more so because the more so because the more so because the more so because the better.

The so-called "human factor" refers not to the difference between Demo and Real, but to the problems in the neural network between the ears. These problems exist independently of forex and there are other forums to discuss them.

So the question is still open...

AlexeyFX: Both on the demo and on the real account, order execution takes fractions of a second.

On what deposit and with what lots were you working?

LeoV:

At what depo and with what lots were you working?

Around 10K and up to 2 lots per trade.

AlexeyFX: Around 10K and up to 2 lots per trade.

What kind of slippage?

LeoV:

What kind of slippage?

None. I think I saw a few requotes a long time ago.

AlexeyFX: None. I think I saw a few requotes a long time ago.
Well, 2 lots is not too much. There should be some slippage though. The main one starts after 10 lots.

Demi:

)))) What do "stationarity" and "patterns can be found" have to do with it? There are regularities on non-stationary series too.

Right. There are regularities even where there are no regularities. And that's a pattern.

paukas: Правильно. Закономерности есть даже там где нет никаких закономерностей. И это закономерно.

If there were no patterns, trading would be easier and simpler )))