Engineer Garin's Paraboloid - page 10

Mathemat: You can stop it in the same way, without entering the lot, but by simply closing the position.
It is easier for an EA to formulate conditions not to enter the market to wait out, for example, a flat, if you trade with a lock: wait for one of the orders to close at the take

I was wondering if I could consider myself a professional if I'm not afraid of loci.

By the way, loki, lochs, laki - as in the movie Masked God was such a raghead))))

The only thing I don't know is that you don't want to be afraid of losing out on the spread - you don't want to be afraid of losing out on a trade.

khorosh:
So, I guess not all locs are useless. For example, using a non-asymmetric loc to reverse a position when a trend changes. They say it is profitable. What do you think? Or is it just about locks?
A lock and a lock are the same thing: holding a position on the same instrument for different instruments. It's not that it can't be used, it's that it doesn't give a statistical advantage in trading. That is the essential difference. If you like it - use it for God's sake, but when they try to describe in general phrases what can be checked by algebra - this is out of the question .... that's why I suggest - write formulas and let's calculate .... it's been done more than once ;) ....

Two trading systems are equivalent if they exhibit the same equity at each point in time.

That is all, no other conditions are needed. The balance matching is not required.

There is no benefit or detriment to the robot from the loc.

Trololo: If you have to go into it, it's self-defeating with an additional loss on the spread; wouldn't it be easier to close the deal, if that's the case, no, it's better to pay the spread and feel insured, but it's a questionable insurance, with time lost to better deal with it.

You too, Trololo? Do the math, it's a simple math there.

You don't end up giving away the extra spread if you lock in.

Mathemat:

You too, Trololo? Do the math, it's simple math.

No extra spread you end up giving away if you lock.

If you have a slippery slippery position, you may enter and exit the market with a slippery spread.

If you mean one and the same pair, but with different trades?

i'm sorry, i meant the hedge where the balance lines diverge...

In short, it's all liquor, don't drink it, you'll only poison your mind. and it needs to be clear.

PS: Sharikov drank all the liquor, even the alcohol in the jars where Preobrazhensky canned organs. not fatal, but food poisoning is possible.

It can be cured by sitting on a white rock for a certain amount of time.

Svinotavr:

I won't discuss Loki. The rest is fine with me.

There you go, Alexei. That confession alone is worth a lot :) Is stopping time not enough? It's a lot.

Only an attempt, and it's purely psychological. And no one said it was successful.

Svinotavr:

Jos, imagine sitting in front of a prosecutor. If you admit to a "loss", you go to jail. If you admit too much, you go to jail for a lot. A clean confession aggravates the punishment. If you don't confess, they let you go if there are no "invoices" :) That's how many traders - admit their losses instead of minimising them.

Minimise means to sit tight, a good technique, a professional one.

Mendikero:

The question is not for me, but then I won't answer it myself. The example is honestly stolen from another thread, but its relevance is not diminished by this. Please:

Well you just showed that having a loc is WAY worse because it doesn't allow you to open a second order :))))) - That's if you understand what it says. Since the MT5 platform is netting ))))))))).... And Mr. Katana is theorizing without proper experience: you see, in a normal dealing when you open differently directed positions the deposit will be taken only for the netting position - and it does not matter at all that in MT4 there will hang differently directed orders open in the list.... The bottom line is simple - learn the basics.

By the way, schoolboy Dimitri

Dimitry is quite optimistic in his self-assessment - this is the first time I've seen a professional trader who does not know the basics of trading ))))))))).

Regarding your EA:

if(Param1>Param2) return(0);

m11 = f_ind12(); //для открытия БАЙ
      m12 = f_ind11(); //для открытия СЕЛЛ
      m21 = f_ind22(); //для закрытия СЕЛЛ
      m22 = f_ind21(); //для закрытия БАЙ
      m31 = f_ind31(); //отображение на график 
      m4  = f_ind4(); //отображение на график 

num_buy=0;num_sell=0; 
   int total = OrdersTotal();
   if (total>0)
   for (i = total - 1; i >= 0; i--) 
     {OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES);
      if(OrderSymbol() == Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber() == magic)
        {if(OrderType() == OP_BUY)
           {num_buy++;
            if(m22 > 0 ) 
              {if(Close_Buy()==true) num_buy--;}
           }
         if(OrderType() == OP_SELL) 
           {num_sell++;
            if(m21 > 0 ) 
              {if(Close_Sell()==true) num_sell--;}
           }
        }
     }

Let's start with the following: there is a logical error in the selected fragment - you are not analyzing the result of the order selection function - there may be surprises. Look at the examples to see how it is done correctly. Both the documentation and the tutorial have it.