Engineer Garin's Paraboloid - page 7

moskitman:

... How many times have we told the world... © that lock is a dead end and will do nothing but double spreads/commissions. Judge for yourself:

by entering the market "both ways" you simply give the broker 2 spreads and no longer depend on price movements. The profit is equal to the loss. Then the fun part starts when you close one of the positions. By closing any of them, you are betting that the price will go in the direction you want! In other words, it would be easier to just open once.

... ...but it doesn't work out... ©

We've all somehow got distracted from the subject at hand. It's not about abstract locks, it's about applying it to a parabolic, and its signals are alternating (up-down-up-down), so lock is good for it!

Mendikero:
We've all somehow got distracted from the subject at hand. It's not about abstract locks, it's about applying it to a parabolic, and its signals are alternating (up-down-up-down), so lock is good for it!

Let's finish the discussion of lock. Can you give a situation, in which lock has an advantage over work without lock? Not the same result, but advantage, however small. Although "the same result" is doubtful, because you will pay double spread if you work with lock.

sand:

Let's not talk about lots. But otherwise, on average I make twice as much profit and drawdown as you do. The drawdown itself is not important, what is important is how it relates to profit. The ratio is the same as yours. I have a 1:4 chance of profit and a 1:4 chance of loss, in the other two cases I have nothing to lose or gain. You make a profit in two out of four cases, with the same probability you have a loss. The ratio is the same.
Right, right. Now let's imagine that each point lost costs you 0.1% of your deposit. In a couple of days you may (in our example) lose 200 pips, I lose 100, that is, you lose for two days at most 20% of the deposit, and I lose 10%. Now let's assume that you are unlucky for a fortnight in a row, just like me. You will lose 20*5=100% (the entire deposit), and I 10*5=50% (half of the deposit). After two weeks, you - bankrupt, went and drowned. Although I lost part of my deposit and am upset, I am still alive and well, sipping a beer in my neighbourhood.

sand:

Let's finish discussing locs after all. Can you suggest a situation in which locus gives an advantage over working without locus? Not the same result, but an advantage, albeit a small one. Although "the same result" is doubtful too, because you will pay double spread when you work with lock.
I'm not talking about the lock, I'm talking about the paraboloid. Do you have something to say on the subject? No - then why are you here? You even forced me to write about who knows what, taking me away from the topic of the thread.

Mendikero:
Right, right. Now let's imagine that each lost pip costs you 0.1% of your deposit. For two days you can (in our example) lose 200 pips, I lose 100, i.e. you lose in two days maximum 20% of your deposit, and I lose 10%. Now let's assume that you are unlucky for a fortnight in a row, just like me. You will lose 20*5=100% (the entire deposit), and I 10*5=50% (half of the deposit). After two weeks, you - bankrupt, went and drowned. Although I lost part of my deposit and am upset, I am still alive and well, sipping a beer in my neighbourhood.

But I can win 200 and you can only win 100.

OK, let me work with a lot twice as small as yours. Then I too will have a potential profit of 100 and a loss of 100.

sand: Wait a bit, let's deal with the locomotive. ))

There is nothing to deal with:

1. lock is an advantage only for manual trading, and that is purely psychological. For automated trading it is not.

2. one of the strange "advantages" of lock is only that often many people for some reason think that it is much harder to get out of a position immediately than to open a new one without closing it. This is something out of Freudianism.

3. topikstarter imposes the idea that "to scribble a dozen lines" - it costs nothing. Let him do it himself, since it's free and doesn't require any effort. You don't have to give profit to coder in form of a genius idea!

The time spent by the coder on learning the language and working out the required templates, for some reason none of these "geniuses" see...

Mendikero:
I'm not discussing loc, I'm discussing paraboloid. Do you have something to say on the subject? No - then why are you here? You even forced me to write about who knows what, leading away from the topic of the thread.

First of all, you yourself answered a question I didn't ask you.

Secondly, you said that in conjunction with a parabolic loc is good. We can discuss this. Show the advantages of loc in this case.

Mathemat:

There is nothing to deal with:

1. lock is an advantage only for manual trading, and that is purely psychological. For automated trading it is not.

2. one of the strange "advantages" of lock is only that often many people for some reason think that it is much harder to get out of a position immediately than to open a new one without closing it. This is already something out of Freudianism.

3. The topic-starter imposes the idea that "to scribble a dozen lines" - it costs nothing. So let him do it himself, since it's free and does not require any effort. You don't have to give profit to coder in form of a genius idea!

The time spent by the coder on learning the language and working out the necessary templates, for some reason none of these "geniuses" see...

I completely agree with you about the lock, the only thing it can give is a purely psychological effect that everything is not as bad as it seems. I think it's a good idea to put a lock on a profitable position, but on a loss-making position it's a common thing.

I just wanted to lay things out so that I could just refer to this discussion rather than argue in the future. But it seems that nothing will come of it, the discussion descends into the impossibility of an example and the clarification of personal relationships.

sand:

But I can win 200 and you can only win 100.

OK, let me work with a lot twice as small as yours. Then I too will have a potential profit of 100 and a loss of 100.

Yes, you have twice as much profit - I don't argue, it's a fact. But you have less chance of getting it, and the drawdown is still twice as much as with locking.

And you are right about the lots - if you halve your bets, indeed, your potential profit will be equal to mine, as well as the possible drawdown. But the condition was to trade the same volume! So this option is not suitable for us!

Mendikero:
And I have already downloaded a dozen or so of these ea's and others. And they all open an order and close it according to parabolic signals. If I look at the algorithm, I don't know how to close only a profitable one and the rest of them - on the next parabolic signal! This is where I'm asking for help. If you do not want - go ahead, I traded with my hands. I have already given you the idea. For free. And your gratitude is obviously in your words. Well, thank you. I wish you to be treated in the same way!
Then you've got the wrong idea: they help for free (there is a difference between helping and doing it for you). Your idea is neither interesting nor new, nor does it give you an advantage, but that's up to you. But if you are trying to implement it and it doesn't work, they will help you for free. But no one will do it for you. Therefore, please give us the codes and describe what you have done and what you can't do.