What is an INDICATOR? - page 4

DDFedor:
Indicator... - is it a "tool" or a "result"?

the result of calculations, and a tool for work

I would like to know what the hell this indicator is first of all.

paukas:
I would like to know what the hell this indicator is first of all.
Of course, in case we need it too.

artikul:

Exactly, all known indicators only strongly distort what has already happened to the price in the past ))) .

Not always. Search for example: Non price indicators.

Here is an article with examples of indicators that anticipate market movements, and here is my locked demo account on onyx - trading only on these indicators - foundations - without any other type of analysis.

AlexEro: Тем не менее, во всём этом зоопарке нет приемлимого определения что такое индикатор и зачем он нужен для торговли.

An indicator is a kind of "normalisation" of a price series. Normalisation is needed to find patterns in the price series. Regularities are necessary for trading.

Roman.:

Not always. Search for example: Non price indicators.

Here is an article with examples of indicators that anticipate market movements, and here is my monitored demo account on onyx - trading only on these indicators - foundation - without any other type of analysis.

What a beautiful name )))) I have just the non-price ones ))))

LeoV:
An indicator is a kind of "normalisation" of a price series. Normalisation is needed to find patterns in the price series. Regularities are necessary for trading.

Oh, Leonid! Good evening. It's been a long time since you pleased me with your presence and trading ideas...

LeoV: Индикатор - это некая "нормализация" ценового ряда. Нормализация нужна для поиска закономерностей ценового ряда. Закономерности нужны для торговли.

More precisely, normalization of the price series simplifies the search for patterns. The patterns found simplify the construction of a profitable TS.

1) An indicator is simply a visualiser of some price series parameters.

2) An indicator is also an indicator of favourable conditions (or auspicious moment) for a deal.

Signals are invented by traders themselves based on their own smart or stupid considerations.

AlexEro:

... I know the answer, about 60%. And it's pretty simple and consists of about 10 sentences with almost no maths. The other 40% are difficulties in the concrete implementation of complex mathematical methods. And I don't have a million North American dollars yet.

Answer the question of the topic - at least for yourself - and then you can (relatively easily) about half a year or so to create a trading system and earn that million.

(I do not have this system yet, maybe today I will start to program it maturely).

Well... intriguing... Come on, spit it out. Stop stalling. Or is that what this branch is about?