What is an INDICATOR? - page 3

artikul:

No I'm right )))) You can trade If you may use a street light, if you make a profit, it means you are an indicator)))

I highlighted the key word.

Neither an indicator nor any other traffic light can trade. And whoever cannot trade, cannot help you to earn/deplete.

The same traffic light does not help you drive.

An indicator is a tool to dynamically measure certain parameters and visually display the results.

Avals:

to use it to track the phase of development of the real market processes behind pricing

This one is quite warm.

Note (continuation of your reply): ". behind price formation" ... but in most forex you have no way of knowing or accounting for these market processes, this intrinsic motivation of banks to enter forex transactions. All you have is a dancing changing price series.

paukas:
Materially?

In your case, only financially )))

artikul:

In your case - only financially ))))
People here know how to create a flood chamber.)))

AlexEro:

Now that's quite warm.

Note (continuation of your reply): "... standing behind pricing" ... but in most forex you have no way of knowing or accounting for these market processes, this intrinsic motivation of banks to enter forex transactions. All you have is a dancing changing price series.

Exactly, all known indicators only distort strongly what has already happened to the price in the past )))) That's why I should write indicators that create (reflect) a different reality ))) I've been dabbling in it for a long time now and these indicators really make forex look as if it is manual and predictable )))

Mischek:

Nah, that's cool. You get paid a million dollars and we have to do all the scientific work for nothing. Give us at least 500,000 for all of us and we'll have a baby in no time.

But do not jump like you may not get paid, such as misunderstood. Money for the barrel

Mischek, I know the answer, about 60%. And it's pretty simple and consists of about 10 sentences with almost no maths. The other 40% are difficulties of concrete implementation of complex mathematical methods. And I don't have a million North American dollars yet.

Answer the question of the subject - at least for yourself - and then you can (relatively easily) about half a year or so to create a trading system and earn that million.

(I do not have this system yet, maybe today I will start to program it as an adult).

AlexEro:

Mischek, I know the answer, about 60%. And it is quite simple and consists of about 10 sentences with almost no mathematics. The other 40% are difficulties of concrete implementation of complex mathematical methods. And I don't have a million North American dollars yet.

Answer the question of the topic - at least for yourself - and then you can (relatively easily) about half a year or so to create a trading system and earn that million.

(I do not have this system yet, maybe today I will start to program it as an adult).

Are we talking about the "almost no maths" indicator or the trading system?

sergeyas:
So is the topic about the "almost no maths" indicator or the trading system?
This thread is about answering the stupidly simple question "What is an INDICATOR in trading?", which hundreds of thousands of traders over 100+ years of this very "indicator trading" have not bothered to give a comprehensible answer to.

Think about it, what the hell difference does it make what the indicator shows and what its nature is, if trading decisions based on it only lead to profits. ))) From the point of view of common sense, it may display the most rubbish and nonsense and not even have a strict mathematical justification (formula). So what? ))) Who cares how the profits are made anyway, if they are made. With the help of clever theories or with a few lines of code in MQL))))

AlexEro:
This thread is about the answer to the stupid (by its very simplicity) question "What is an INDICATOR in trading?", which hundreds of thousands of traders in 100+ years of this very "trading with indicators" have not bothered to give a comprehensible answer to.

Do you have your own answer?

If it's not a secret.