What is this all about?! - page 5

Demi:

OK - in the market supply exceeds demand, hence the price goes down.

Thought.

Little thought. 1 billion buyers cannot feed 20 billion sellers. On the contrary, it can, but it can't. Think again.

paukas:
Little thought. Can't 1 billion buyers feed 20 billion sellers. On the contrary, it can, but it can't. Think again.

Can't unless there's only 21 billion tradduns in the market)

paukas:
You didn't think hard enough. One billion buyers cannot feed 20 billion sellers. On the contrary, it can, but it can't. Think again.

Oh, you see, it's starting to work. You're getting analytical. I've been told he can't do it, he can't do it....

Come on, let me help you! Use your brains:

sellers for 20 yards, buyers at market price for 1 yard. So they'll sell 1 yard at the market price, and then what happens? Of course, you guessed it - in order to sell more, the sellers will reduce the price below the market price and sell exactly the amount they are prepared to buy from them at this new reduced market price. And then what happens? Right - they lower the price again to sell more and will lower the price until they sell all 20!

Well done, you guessed it! But next time - all by yourself.

OnGoing:

Not unless there are only 21 billion tradduns in the market)

Well if you count the cockroaches, we'll get 21 :))

Demi:

To sell more, the sellers will reduce the price below the market price and sell exactly as much as they are willing to buy from them at this new reduced market price. And then what happens? Right - they will lower the price again to sell more until they have sold all 20!

This is only true if the sellers want to sell regardless of the losses they make. If most sellers are speculators, there is no reason to reduce prices.

There will be few or no deals.

Demi:

Oh, you see, it's starting to work! You're getting analytical. I've been told he can't do it,he can't do it....

Come on, let me help you! Use your brains:

sellers for 20 yards, buyers at market price for 1 yard. So they sell 1 yard at the market price, and then what happens? Of course, you guessed it - in order to sell more, the sellers will reduce the price below the market price and sell exactly the amount they are prepared to buy from them at this new reduced market price. And then what happens? Right - they lower the price again to sell more and will lower the price until they sell all 20!

Well done, you guessed it! But next time - all by yourself.

A very broad-minded delusion. Is that what they teach at institutes for making salesmen stupid? Why would they lower the price?

vasya_vasya:

This is only true if the sellers want to sell regardless of the losses they receive. If most sellers are speculators, then there is no reason to lower prices.

There will be few or no deals.

I don't get it - you're a speculator, you buy 20 yards of dollars, you predict that the dollar will fall in the near future. You discount those 20 yards. Your discount has lowered the price slightly relative to your future forecast.

You are a speculator. So? What loss? Where is the loss?

paukas:

A very broad-minded delusion. Is that what they teach at institutes for making salesmen stupid? Why would they lower the price?

And how can they sell their 20 if there are only 1 buyer at the market price? Get over it

Demi:

And how can they sell their 20 if there are only 1 buyer at the market price? Get over it
Is that their karma? An order from the centre to sell at any price? Perishable goods?

paukas:
Is this their karma? An order from the centre to sell at any price? Perishable goods?

They have a minimum lot of 20. They don't deal in petty cash (it took me a while to figure out how to explain this to you, but I figured it would make more sense).