Where do non-market quotes come from? ) - page 3

4x-online:
Is this some kind of Friday night prank? :)

No, Friday is the only time to bring it up and it'll last 2 days until Monday.)

sanyooooook:

And what about the statement that the price is ruled by supply and demand and if the market was there at this price, it means that these were market quotes.

Look, you go to the market: potatoes, 29 rubles, 30 rubles, 31 rubles. They are expensive. Then you hear somebody shouting "Potatoes for 10 rubles". You go there. You run towards them. And a dzhigit is loading the last sack of potatoes for 10 roubles into a lorry. He was closer to you, got there quicker, had transport on hand, and had his money ready. The potatoes were quickly sold at a bargain price to a salesman who had to go to the loo.

Were there potatoes at the market for 10 roubles?

Were you able to buy them? - No.

Should the director of the market provide you with potatoes for 10 rubles because they were on the market for 10 rubles 5 minutes ago and you and everyone else heard about it with their own ears? I do not think so. The director of the market can provide you with potatoes for 10 roubles if he pays the difference of 20 roubles from his own pocket.

The situation is roughly the same with DCs. Only they are farther away from the market than you are from the place with potatoes for 10 rubles. And in general, everything must be prescribed in the rules, if you haven't - you pay, if you haven't read them - you are a fool.

Figar0:

Look, you go to the market: potatoes, 29, 30, 31 roubles. They are expensive. Then you hear somebody shouting: "Potatoes for 10 rubles". You go there. You run towards them. And a dzhigit is loading the last sack of potatoes for 10 roubles into a lorry. He was standing close to you, got there quicker, transport was at hand, and money was on hand. The potatoes were quickly sold at a bargain price to a salesman who had to go to the loo.

Were there potatoes at the market for 10 roubles?

Were you able to buy them? - No.

Should the director of the market provide you with potatoes for 10 rubles because they were on the market for 10 rubles 5 minutes ago and you and everyone else heard about it with their own ears? I do not think so. The director of the market can provide you with potatoes for 10 roubles if he pays the difference of 20 roubles from his own pocket.

The situation is roughly the same with DCs. Only they are farther away from the market than you are from the place with potatoes at 10 rubles. If you haven't read the rules, you must pay, if you haven't read them you're a fool.

So why offer a price of 10 rubles per kg if they cannot buy at this price anyway? The brokerage company assumes the risk of being able to buy at this price, so why put the client at risk if the brokerage company is not able to buy at this price?

The post Prival

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/2072/page24

and this is about non-market quotes and the limitless power of DTs

http://kroufr.ru/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=82c3b5ec42ff0286bcb818c351d092b8&action=printpage;topic=9960.0

If you are interested, you may find such a good discussion on the KDFW forum (his nickname is PRIVAL or Prival, I do not remember exactly)

sanyooooook:

So why should we offer the price of 10 rubles per kg if we cannot buy at this price anyway? If we do not have time to buy at this price, why should we leave this risk on the client if the brokerage company did not have time?

Well, the dealer does not know beforehand how much potatoes are at 10 rubles, whether it is a bag, a carload or a whole dry cargo. He only finds out when it is over. He hears - 10 rubles, shouts - 10 rubles, you - take me 100 sacks, he looks, and there's.... While you were shouting, you had already run out of 10 roubles.

And what and how does the brokerage company take on itself, what it can and cannot pass on to the trader - read the terms of reference, you have agreed to it, right? And if the brokerage company violates its own rules, then maybe it is not a brokerage company at all, but just cheaters?

Figar0:

Well, the dealing company does not know beforehand how much 10 rubles worth of potatoes, whether it is a sack, a carload or a whole truck. He only finds out when they are gone. He hears - 10 rubles, shouts - 10 rubles, you - get me 100 sacks, he looks, and there.... While you were shouting, you had already run out of 10 roubles.

And what and how does the brokerage company take on itself, what it can and cannot pass on to the trader - read the terms of reference, you have agreed to it, right? And if the brokerage company violates its own rules, maybe it is not a brokerage company but just a fraud?

If a brokerage company is exposing itself to risks, why should we shift these risks to a client?

ZS: What I agree or disagree with is my business, it's not about me now.

If you trade through a dealer, the quotes can easily be far from the market because the dealer can in principle put out any buy and sell prices.

Replace the dealer with a broker and there will be no non-market prices. If you don't understand the difference, look up a dictionary.

sanyooooook:

The brokerage company takes the risks on itself, why should it pass them on to the client?

it is more profitable that way.

But by the way, there are also situations on exchanges where some transactions are recognised after the fact as non-market and cancelled. The question is whether there is a regulator and whether it is engaged. If there is no regulator, the DC is always right.

MoneyJinn:

If you trade through a dealer, the quotes can easily be far from the market because the dealer can in principle put out any buy and sell prices.

Replace the dealer with a broker and there will be no non-market prices. If you don't understand the difference, look up a dictionary.

That's right. Only working through a broker the entry ticket will be much more expensive, no nano/micro/minilots, no $30K of $30 in a fortnight, and no metatrader.

Figar0:

That's right. Only working through a broker the entry ticket will be much more expensive, no nano/micro/minilots, no $30K of $30 in a fortnight, and no metatrader.

You know where the free cheese is.