[Archive!] FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Consequences (Episode 10: December 2011) - page 323

trump:
Dropped two depots. Waiting for the third to arrive. It's been a tough day today. Exhausting. Best not to max it out.

I'm sorry. But cheer up, you'll be fine.

Kitsan:

I'm sorry. But cheer up, everything will be all right.

It will be.

The divorce is coming up

Is Draghi speaking today? And what is his speech about? I would like to hear Margaret's opinion.

sergey620x:
Is Draghi speaking today? And what is his speech about? I would like to hear Margaret's opinion.
I haven't seen him speak anywhere

sergey620x:

On what they will keep picking their finger at ....)))

Finally, there is already talk of a reversal:

Currency strategists at Citigroup point out that recently economic data released in the United States has pleasantly surprised the market, referring to figures on trade as well as labour and real estate markets. As a result the Economic Surprise Index* - which shows how close or far from public expectations the macroeconomic data and reports of large corporations are published - rose from a record low in June, approaching a record high.

According to Citigroup's observations, the upward movement of the index corresponds to periods of US dollar selling. This is because market optimism is rising and investors' risk appetite is improving, causing a lower demand for the US currency.

Analysts do not expect the dollar to weaken in December as many traders have already finished trading in anticipation of the end of the year, while others are reluctant to open large new positions. Early in 2012, however, if economic data continues to be favourable, investors may decide that they have overestimated the negative effects of the eurozone debt crisis. "Better data alone may not be enough to shift the market from risk aversion to risk appetite, but once the environment stabilises, the dollar will weaken faster and more widely than many assume," the bank said.

*The Economic Surprise Index is calculated as follows: if economic indicator comes out better than expected according to average forecasts, one is added to the index; if the data turn out to be worse than expected - one is subtracted; if the index is exactly as expected - one is not changed. One is a conditional quantum of the index; in fact, different news have different weights based on the significance of the published indicators and the historical statistics of their deviations from forecasts. The index is calculated daily, based on data for the past 3 months. A positive CESI value indicates that most economic statistics released in recent months have been better than analysts expected.

margaret:
with a car battery?

You're supposed to charge 12 V, the charger should charge about 14 V, that should be enough. The funny thing is they'll do almost the same if the battery is alive.

Yeah, I can see that, but it wasn't on the calendar this morning