[Archive] Learn how to make money villagers! - page 693

OnGoing:
)) Strange, I thought we were all trying to make money here)
When measuring maximum drawdown, you can also use points, not necessarily money and they have nothing to do with the method of measurement.

khorosh:
When measuring maximum drawdown, points can also be used, not necessarily money and they have nothing to do with the measurement method.
Yeah, and you can also calculate in parrots, I know that)

OnGoing:
)))) Well, let's calculate the drawdown from something bigger, so why didn't you dig so deep? Let's first multiply the maximum equity, and then calculate the drawdown), otherwise the drawdown is smaller than it could be.)
Can you answer yes or no to the only question: do you admit that equity may fall by the value of the maximum drop obtained in the test on the first trade? The answer is probably the root of our differences.

khorosh:
Can you answer yes or no to a single question: do you admit that on the first trade, equity may fall down by the value of the maximum drop obtained in the test? The answer is probably the root of our differences.
Sure, it may do so in points but it cannot in money terms because MM works and the initial balance of 1000 will require 0.01 lot, 3000 balance will require 0.02 lot, 9000 lot 0.03 lot... and so on. A drawdown of 100 pips with balance 1000 will be -0.1$ with balance 9000 -0.3$, i.e. if I start with 1000, I will not get the same drawdown as with balance 9000.

khorosh:
Can you answer yes or no to a single question: do you admit that on the first trade, equity may fall down by the value of the maximum drop obtained in the test? The answer is probably the root of our differences.
If your answer is no, I am ready to ask this question on the forum and get an answer from professional referees. If the answer is yes, then you will be forced to agree with me). If you don't answer at all, I'll take "silence is a sign of agreement".

khorosh:
If, your answer is no, I'm willing to ask the question on the forum and get an answer from professional referees. If you answer yes, you will be forced to agree with me). If you don't answer at all, I'll take "silence is a sign of agreement."

Aha, all rise, the court is coming!)

I don't want to strain my brain any more, I see that common sense has already taken a back seat to your reasoning. Well, stay with your hobbies, I'm neither hot nor cold from that).

But I am simply amazed at your "tight" character. Stubbornness and ambition are literally spilling over the edge. It usually comes from low self-esteem.

BeerGod:
For items, of course it can, but for money it can't, because MM works and with initial balance of 1000 lot will be 0.01, with a balance of 3000 lot 0.02, 9000 lot 0.03... and so on. A drawdown of 100 pips with balance 1000 will be -0.1$ with balance 9000 -0.3$, i.e. if I start with 1000, I will not get the same drawdown as with balance 9000.
If we talk about the absolute value of the maximum drawdown, it practically does not depend on the initial deposit or the balance, but it depends on lots. And if it is in points, it does not depend on the lots either.

OnGoing:

I don't want to strain my brain any more, I see that common sense has already taken a back seat to your reasoning. Well, stay with your hobbies, I'm neither hot nor cold from that).

But I am simply amazed at your "tight" character. Stubbornness and ambition are literally spilling over the edge. It usually comes from low self-esteem.

So you avoid answering, neither yes nor no. You're playing nice because you're caught in a trap - any answer to the question will result in an argument that is not in your favour. And once again, for lack of good arguments, you move on to discussing my personality. You're losing your nerve, young man).

OnGoing:

And my ambitions have long since been satisfied, as the most complex electronic devices whose circuits I have developed have repeatedly flown in space. And the argument on my part was just for the sake of establishing the truth. Persistence in asserting one's position is not a bad character trait, excuse me for saying this to you - "connoisseur" of human souls).

OnGoing:

I don't want to rack my brains anymore, ...

I don't think you've been racking your brains. If I had, there wouldn't be an argument.