[Archive] Learn how to make money villagers! - page 688

OnGoing:

Same thing. Remember how you said the drawdown was -7000? And it's only 906.71 on the report.

So there seems to be no point in fitting Ilan in the tester. Or we need to use a different testing method.

Yeah so it is because I onyx and made for the people) was 7000 maximum but little then all is normal

the tester is an illusion just for general perception)

i know it's easy to see why he got it so wrong)

"to cheat investors

By the way, I already know how to do this.

You need to subtract the current equity from the balance, and then unintegrate it into the log as you go along.

if (AccountBalance() - AccountEquity() > Variable) Variable = AccountBalance() - AccountEquity();
Print(Variable);

This doesn't just apply to monkeys, by the way. It is better to know this figure when running any TS.

When MM is enabled, you can also display the percentage of drawdown to balance.

OnGoing:

This doesn't just apply to monkeys, by the way. It is better to know this figure when running any TS.

When MM is enabled, you can also display the percentage of drawdown to balance.

The drawdown should be calculated by equity. No one needs the balance.

khorosh:
The drawdown has to be calculated based on equity. No one needs the balance.

You don't get it! Obviously, we are interested in equity. But if we enable MM, we have to know WHEN the equity drawdown was the largest. This needs to be calculated as a percentage value against the balance.

The maximal drawdown alone is not enough information in absolute terms. For example, the drawdown might have decreased by 1000 c.u. at the very start, in the middle of testing period or at the end when the balance has risen considerably.

And with a constant lot, we are not interested in the equity value itself, but in the difference between the balance and the equity - that is, the current drawdown.

This is how I calculate Profit / Loss %

DoubleToStr ((AccountProfit()/ AccountBalance()* 100), 2)

BeerGod:
This is how I calculate Profit / Loss %

You may do it this way as well. The main thing is to constantly monitor this reading, compare it with the previous value and enter it again if it exceeds the previous value.

OnGoing:

in the middle of the test period or at the end, when the balance is already significantly higher.

On the contrary, no one is interested in a higher balance, because the trade may have started at the beginning of the drawdown period.

sergeev:
On the contrary, no one is interested in a higher balance, because the trade may have started at the beginning of the drawdown period.

So we are not looking at the absolute balance value, but at the % of the balance. If this % of drawdown is higher than the previous one, we fix it again.