[Archive] Learn how to make money villagers! - page 275

Roman.:

Vlad, Avalanches should not be 'overcome' but used for the good of your DEP... :-)

What is meant by 'avalanche' is the notion of a no rollback movement. It can be a pullback movement, in which the EA is unlucky, because its move does not fit into the current movement.

Roman.:

I have increased the Pipstep there a bit, so far all is good, and not by the same amount, see the trailer for the five digits.

1-Eurobucks, 2-BucksFrank, 3-Eurofrank, of course, it is possible that the averaging has to be at least 50 (on a five-digit) pips.

Let's call things by their proper names. On a five-digit pounder, it would be 5 pips (they also write 5o, 5°) or 50 pips! :)))

We're getting through just fine

MaxZ:
P.S.: I do not take part in this mess myself (though it infects... :D ), but I read the thread and among every new hundred posts there is an interesting post with no less interesting idea. Other people's experience is useful! :))

There, by the way, with the calculation of the lot by Vince, we had a nice workout ... :-) Shall I attach his calculation here? :-)

nikat97:

We're fine.

What do you see as normal here? A stronger trend and the drawdown will not be 7,742.75 (35.61%), but more... And your demo account will be on the brink of a stop out! :((

Roman.:

There, by the way, with the calculation of the lot according to Vince, we've got it all figured out nicely... :-) Why don't we attach it here? :-)

Vince will be shocked if he finds out that We will count the lot through his optimum F of trades whose volumes are piling up on the martin! :)))))))

Here's an interesting interview, by the way. It was published not long ago. The Expert Advisor I wrote to you about. The author also wrote about the possibility of another EA taking off in December. It will be interesting to look at this! ;))

MaxZ:

This refers to an 'avalanche' as the concept of a no rollback movement. Or a movement with pullbacks, when the Expert Advisor is unlucky, because its step does not fit into the current movement.

Let's call things by their proper names. In five digits it would be 5 pips (they also write 5o, 5°) or 50 pips! :)))

I mean "Avalanche" as the concept of profit whatever the context may be and the more iterations (reversals) of the Trading Strategy, the larger the profit return will be than in the absence of reversals of the cycle and that is why the Avalanche appears as the greater the volume of orders during the flip of the cycle, the greater the yield in profit at directed instrument price movement, respectively, the avalanche-like profit increases, if you trade, for example, part of deposit = 0,1%, the main thing, as well as in this TS - do not be too rough with the start lot and use the dynamic width of the trading corridor depending on the volatility of the price of a particular instrument.

On a five-digit instrument it would be 50, on a four-digit instrument it would be 5 real pips.

MaxZ:
What do you see as normal here? A stronger trend and the drawdown won't be 7,742.75 (35.61%), but more... And your demo account will be on the verge of a stop-out! :((
At this point the starting lot was increased 10 times

nikat97:
At this point, the starting lot has been increased by a factor of 10
Wow... How'd that go? Did you close on the upside quickly? No regrets?

MaxZ:
Wow... How'd it go? Did you close on the upside quickly? No regrets?

Whoa, whoa .....

I'm not with my eyes closed....

Roman.:

We mean the Avalanche as a concept of profit attainment in any case, and the more iterations (reversals) of the Trading Strategy take place, the bigger is the profit volume than in the absence of reversals of the cycle; this is why the Avalanche appears as the greater is the volume of orders during reversals in the flat, the bigger profit exit when the instrument price moves in the direction, respectively, the profit increases like an avalanche if you trade, for example, part of deposit = 0,1%, the main thing, as well as in this TS - do not be too rough with the start lot and use the dynamic width of the trading corridor depending on the volatility of the price of one or another instrument.

On a five-digit EA it will be 50, on a four-digit EA it will be 5 real pips.

But still vladds wrote about a different "avalanche". I think so... I myself fought an avalanche six months ago. I lost one demo account using the Av02 Expert Advisor. I tried to use different signals and open lot not with a step, but with a new signal... But I gave up on it.

What about pyramiding? Is it different from avalanche?

So our concepts have different names... Then how can we distinguish the move of EURUSD 0.0001 upwards by five-digits and four-digits? Why add unnecessary words? Many people call it a "point" and they understand each other... :D

nikat97:

Oops, oops .....

I'm not with my eyes closed....

So why do you need a martingale then? Open when your eyes are open and the situation is clear, in the direction you want? Ah, yes... The situation is only understandable with some probability... And with probability {unit minus "some probability"} You'll either get a deposit drain (martingale) or a small loss (without martingale).