There's a catch somewhere... - page 5

paukas:
The odds have nothing to do with it. Put a stop 10 times the target - the odds will also increase, but what's the use?

No, they won't increase, in the end they are about the same... I've already described it... I gave possible outcomes for market-neutral TP with different TP and SL. I've already described market-neutral TPs and SLs. and even then, not always.

Tantrik:

If a stop loss is replaced by a margin call, then leverage 1:500 is better - this is at a drawdown, if the position is in profit, then the chances are the same. Nothing increases the chance of winning in forex (except the correct TA of course), MM is one of the main enemies of a trader (my number 2 position) - how much was lost only with MM. (The benefit of MM is zero).

So you don't know how to cook it. I'm just learning. :)
And who is the main enemy of you? The trader himself? :))

Tantrik:

If a stop loss is replaced by a margin call, then leverage 1:500 is better - this is at a drawdown, if the position is in profit, then the chances are the same. Nothing increases the chance of winning in forex (except the correct TA of course), MM is one of the main enemies of a trader (my number 2 position) - how much was lost only with MM. (The benefit of MM is zero).
Stops and takes is the MM. Its an integral part.

Cmu4:

No, they won't, in the end they're about the same... I've already described it... I've given you variants of outcomes for market-neutral TS with different TPs and SLs.
Chance is probability. Are you saying that the probability of winning a trade at p/l = 0.1 and p/l = 10 are the same? Or do you mean something else of your own?

Cmu4:

Then you don't know how to cook it. Me neither - I'm just learning. :)
And who is your number one enemy? The trader himself? :))

Ready! Prepare!!! God help you!

Cmu4:

Then you don't know how to cook it. Me neither - I'm just learning. :)
And who is your number one enemy? The trader himself? :))
The main enemy is the spread. The rest is bullshit.

paukas:
Chance is probability. Are you saying that the probability of winning a trade at p/l = 0.1 and p/l = 10 are the same? Or do you mean something else, your own?

No, I'm saying that in a series of trades, it doesn't matter what the TP and SL of a market-neutral TS (that's one whose equity fluctuates around 0 at TP=SL) is. It will still be 0 in the end... minus spread, swaps and commissions, of course. I.e. If the TP>SL, we will make profits less often, but more, and losses more often, but less.

paukas:
The main enemy is the spread. The rest is bullshit.

Again, it depends on which TS. If the TP and SL is 100 times the spread, then it's not really important.

Cmu4:

Again, it depends on which TS. If the TP and SL is 100 times the spread, then it's not really important.

This is one of the most persistent misconceptions. Whatever the TP, the SL spread will take away from the trade equally.

And with your "neutral-market TS" in 200-300 trades the result will be the same.

paukas:
This is one of the very enduring misconceptions. Whatever the TP, the SL spread will take the same amount from the trade.

And if you do (for BUY):

TP=Level+(Ask-Bid);

SL=Level-(Ask-Bid);

Then the spread will be taken into account... right?