how to overcome the differences between demo and real life - page 7

T-G:
I have a cycle for placing orders with a short slip, as long as the signal goes, so it's normal here, by the opening prices I can not, because the TS may imply entry on one bar several times, just as I was explained here, the broker does not close at the SL price and slips for example 1 point because of this on the demo at least somehow earns, and on the real one pours. For some reason the function if (Bid<=OrderVirtualSL - where OrderVirtualSL object is a line on the chart) executes a few pips worse than SL even in the tester.

With such a pips you understand one thing, that demo stays a demo...:-))), real stays real... including delays in the execution of your orders, queuing, requotes and everything else... You need to write everything in your code for real, fine-tune your battle owl for real, including error handling, including requotes, no connection to a broker (with virtual level accounting - it (connection tracking) - is critical) and, with a sense of accomplishment, go to all the trouble... - By the way, your company is strange... in the sense that there are no micro-accounts...kitchen?? ...:-))

Roman.:
... By the way, your office is strange... in the sense that there are no micro-accounts...kitchen?? ...:-))
By the way, the argument of a broker with no micro accounts is "micro accounts only exist in kitchens".

Roman.:

With such pips you understand one thing, that demo is still a demo...:-))), real is real... including delays in the execution of your orders, queuing, requotes and everything else... You need to write everything in your code for real, fine-tune your battle owl for real, including error handling, including requotes, no connection to a broker (with virtual level accounting - it (connection tracking) - is critical) and, with a sense of accomplishment, go to all the trouble... - By the way, your company is strange... no micro-accounts... kitchen?? ...:-))
the broker in question does not have requotes, it is not a gambling operation... although... almost everyone who uses MT4 is a gambling operation))

T-G:
This broker does not have requotes, it's not a kitchen... Although... almost everyone who uses MT4 has kitchens ))

"In order to catch a mouse, you have to start thinking like a mouse" (can't remember which film it was in)

Try to imagine yourself in the place of a DC. How would you quote so as not to fail yourself? Re-quotes and slippages are technical aspects, they have been and will be.

T-G:

I think this may sound a little silly and amateurish, but I would still like to hear the opinion of more experienced traders.

I have an stp broker - the broker does not look bad and ideally I would expect it not to play against you too much) and an EA that trades with pauses, I also have one EA with the same settings, now I have two questions:

1. Why is there such a difference in results between demo and real trading?

The question may sound a bit silly but I`m still interested to hear the views of experienced traders. 2.

I am a lawyer by training and it is not clear to me too, we are offered to play with whom and to what extent? And if I make a big deal, who will meet my demands? I have a lot of unclear questions about Forex, the government has a serious approach to finance in particular, while here everything is simple, even someone who made a number from $10,000 to $500,000 on a demo account. This is nonsense (fiction) really.

T-G:
i have a stop entry, should i change it to a limit order or do you mean just a pending one? as i've been told here the main problem is not the placing of an order but the follow-up.

Stops can slide by definition. An order from the market can rejoin by definition.

Limit, on the other hand, if the price was higher by even a tenth of a point, should not slide. Unless they cheat, of course.

paukas:

Stops can slide by definition. An order from the market can rejoin by definition.

The limit, on the other hand, if the price was even a tenth higher, should not slip. Unless, of course, they are cheating.

what do you mean, stoploss or buystop (sellstop)?

moskitman:

what do you mean, stoploss or buystop (sellstop)?
There is no difference. A stop is still a stop.

paukas:
There is no such thing as a limit stop

Dear Sir! Tell us dumbasses what to do.

What kind of limit is substituted for which stop?

PapaYozh:

Dear Sir! Tell us dumbasses what to do.

What is the limit of which stop to replace?

I'll give you a hint - there's no substitute for a stop limit. Any other questions?