how to overcome the differences between demo and real life - page 5

Don't suffer...

You have to work on your strategy in real time. Micro-real, because you are doomed to get this result.

LeoV:

And I will tell you more - the real is also very different. The real on a $100 deposit is one thing, the real on a $10,000 deposit is another, and the real on a $1,000,000 deposit is the third. And the results may be different in all three cases.

What does it depend on? the adjustment of the brokerage company for slippages? i just don't think that 10 000 may influence the market in any way, so the difference can be felt in comparison with 1 000.

LeoV:

Further, I will tell you even more, deposit load has a huge impact on results. A deposit load of 1% and 100% can produce significantly different results for all of the deposit sizes listed above.

How does it depend on whether I open at 1% or the whole depo?

LeoV:
It all depends on the TS. You need to make such a TS, which at a certain deposit load at a certain size will give a stable result.
How can the TS (programmatically?) take into account the difference from the deposit load?

fozi:

Don't suffer...

You have to work on your strategy in real time. Micro-real, because you are doomed to get this result.

I don't understand what should be set to trade on the demo, I don't even know what kind of advantage there is.

LeoV, fozi - will you comment?

T-G:
LeoV, fozi - would you like to comment?

What would you like to hear new?

You have already been told that a demo is a demo and a real is a real. And what they have in common is MetaTrader + ticks. But the ticks themselves and the server's reaction to your orders on Demo and on Real do not coincide and will not coincide.

fozi:

Don't suffer...

You have to work on your strategy in real time. Micro-real because you're doomed to get that result...

...Work out your strategy on the real... That's cool advice.

What do you debug it on...?

I do it on micro... for a dollar (10 lots four) a pip... and you...?

T-G:
LeoV, fozi - care to comment?

You are asking too much of a commentary and you are asking a lot of questions about Forex, not only about TS, but about practical knowledge about trading on the financial markets, rules of dealing centers, brokers and so on and so forth ...

There have been these discussions on this forum - use the search engine.

And I don't have the energy to write a lecture to smokers here "about the dangers of smoking"....))))

PapaYozh:

What do you want to hear new?

You have already been told that a demo is a demo and a real is a real. And what they have in common is MetaTrader + ticking ticks. But the ticks themselves and the server's reaction to your orders on the demo and on the real do not and will not coincide.

Well, perhaps I'd like to hear if we can programmatically take into account the slippage or software methods of dealing with it.

Or about ways to configure systems - may the programme worsen the demo I do not know what to configure on it I do not know...

T-G:

Well perhaps I would like to hear if it is possible to account for slippage programmatically or software methods to deal with it.

Or else about ways to tune systems - can the software worsen the demo I don't know what would be possible to tune on it I don't know...

Limit orders to help you out.

T-G:

Well perhaps I would like to hear if it is possible to account for slippage programmatically or software methods to deal with it.

Or else about ways to tune systems - can the software worsen the demo I don't know what would be possible to tune on it I don't know...

Trade on prices (with control...) of the opening of a new bar, the competent f-function to open an order is the OpenPosition() function for online. Slippages are accounted for in the NumberOfTry variable - attempts to open an order - i.e., if your slippage is small and the order does not open at this price, you try to open it again and that's it... This is what "taking slippage into account" is all about. You set its working values and that's it - don't bother about it... You don't have to fight it - there are no "software methods" for dealing with it. The Demo and Real trading with reasonable volumes with a reasonable broker, even if you keep records of your stops and takeaways, that is, you don't show them to your broker, if you set orders according to checks that are necessary and trading conditions of your company - NO DIFFERENCES (with "acceptable" :-)) possible differences, because a demo is a demo, and the Real is the Real).