It's Friday and it's boring. :( - page 8

Azzx:

But where there MAY be movement is quite a sight to behold.

Probability of the event going in the right direction =?

OnGoing:
Probability of an event in the right direction =?

It varies for the trendwheels. Usually in the region of 30...40%. That is the average profitable trade is significantly more than the average unprofitable one.

In terms of comparison of systems of different types, PF and frequency of deals are more interesting, that is why I asked you.

Azzx:

Here, the average profitable trade is significantly bigger than the average losing trade.

Significantly, by how much? You tell me directly, MO how much?

Azzx:

.... Here is the average profitable trade significantly higher than the average losing trade....

This is bad. The most sustainable systems are when the average profit trade is approximately equal to the average loss trade.

Speaking of which, here it is:

http://jc-trader.livejournal.com/238361.html

There is some discussion on PF of different systems.

OnGoing:
Significantly, how much is it? You tell me directly, MO how much?

For the life of me, I don't know. :) For me, this parameter is largely useless.

OnGoing:
Substantial, how much is that? You tell me directly, MO how much?

Ugh, I forgot: about 2.5 times, actually.

paukas:
This is not good. The most sustainable systems are when the average profit trade is roughly equal to the loss trade.

Well, I have nothing to compare it with to be honest. I have so far thought that the most stable ones are still the classic kind of trend-following ones.

Azzx:

For the life of me, I don't know. :) For me, this parameter is largely useless.

This parameter is what tells you about the potential profitability of the system as a whole.

Azzx:

Well, I don't have anything to compare, to be honest. I still think that the most stable ones are the classic type trends.

Make the target equal to the stop and see. If the system stays profitable, it's cool.